4 - Ronald Araújo

Andresito

Staff member
While it being his biggest weakness, he looks much calmer on the ball nowadays. Thinks quicker, releases the ball fast and does it with quality (albeit often simple), but it doesn't have to be advanced when others have those qualities.

On top of that a physical specimen. Can't see anything else but him becoming one of the four captains, preferably at least 2nd cap.

PhilS

Great job following team orders to get that yellow yesterday. Missing the Cadiz game is perfect timing. Now we only have to dread the timing of the upcoming Gavi yellow card suspension.

Andresito

Staff member
Great job following team orders to get that yellow yesterday. Missing the Cadiz game is perfect timing. Now we only have to dread the timing of the upcoming Gavi yellow card suspension.

Was a bullshit yellow and not intentional at all. Surely would've tried to get one later on either way.

Leong157

He really has the potential to be one of the best CB in the history. Let's hope that he will not do an Umtiti and destroy any of his limbs.

xXKonan

Going by what Veronica Brunati tweeted yesterday it seems we had a 5.5 Million euro bid rejected for Boca Juniors CB Leonardo Balerdi and we decided to move on and get Araujo.
Quoting myself from the first page.

Granted Balerdi finally found his footing for Marseille, but in the end, we totally ended up with the much bigger talent.

Andresito

Staff member
Thank god. Araujo if he can stay healthy could be in contention for GOAT defenders.

He has all the possibilities. But that debate also relies on big titles. Just look at the FIFPro XI nominees, we need to go far in CL for the neutrals to rate players like Araujo.

Porque

Quoting myself from the first page.

Granted Balerdi finally found his footing for Marseille, but in the end, we totally ended up with the much bigger talent.

Going back to that first page, I'm reminded how just a couple of years ago he always played the ball backwards when receiving a pass.

Incredible progress and will to get better from Araujo.

Home of Barca Fans