5 - Carles Puyol

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
so I had a great convo with one of my friends who is a Manc. He's going on and on about how it's not fair that Barça signed Cesc in addition to having Xavi and Iniesta and Messi and blah blah blah. anyway, the convo evolved and he goes, so if Leo has been your best player since 2008, who is your 2nd best player? Xavi? Iniesta? and I looked at him and that's when I realised something. Leo hasn't been our best player, El Capitan has been our best player since ... since I don't even know when. This team just plays so much more confident and determined and inspired and cohesive when he's on the pitch. he may not be the most talented, but he's the most important.

so cheers to El Capitan. Barça's fucking LION.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah, it's seems like it is not a big deal, but the confidence of the team is boosted when he is on the pitch... It's like everybody knows that there's a safety net in case things go wrong... His determination make up for any flwas he may have...

Henry_IB

Banned
so I had a great convo with one of my friends who is a Manc. He's going on and on about how it's not fair that Barça signed Cesc in addition to having Xavi and Iniesta and Messi and blah blah blah. anyway, the convo evolved and he goes, so if Leo has been your best player since 2008, who is your 2nd best player? Xavi? Iniesta? and I looked at him and that's when I realised something. Leo hasn't been our best player, El Capitan has been our best player since ... since I don't even know when. This team just plays so much more confident and determined and inspired and cohesive when he's on the pitch. he may not be the most talented, but he's the most important.

so cheers to El Capitan. Barça's fucking LION.

And then reality strikes.

Messi is by far our most important and talented player. If I had to choose I would have Messi on the pitch anyday over Puyol. Same with Xavi and Iniesta as well.

But yes, I love puyol and he's an extremely important piece of this team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Puyol's influence on the team is massive and epitomizes leadership...and he's played so little this past year it seems that when he does play you're really taken aback by how great he is...This is a very different team without him in the lineup

ammarfcb

ze special one
tumblr_lyu7tojkZS1qjmhoko1_500.jpg

u mad bro?

ammarfcb

ze special one
“The League is not lost. It’s becoming increasingly harder, but this team will not give up”

Carles Puyol

if puyol says it's not over then it's not over

Home of Barca Fans