5 - Carles Puyol

Tomchin

Alba (flu) is training normally today #fcblive Puyol (knee) has started light training, B-player Sergi Roberto training with first team
Anyone remember what was was the scheduled recovery date for Puyol? I thought he would be out for 4-6 weeks? When did he get injured?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
We have to remember that this Clasico is just one match. What's the point in rushing Puyol back for this game, only for him to miss the next couple of months..?

Agree totally. I'd rather lose a Clasico because of missing Puyol than missing him for an extended period of time... We are 8 points ahead and we will need Puyol big time this season, after the Clasico.

Stric

I agree, as well. Games against RM always have a more significant meaning than just points on the scoreboard, but we should put our entire season campaign ahead of the sentimental value of one game. Wouldn't it suck to have him play the Clasico, still possibly lose the game, and then have more complications regarding his injury?

Stric

That's a valid point, and I'll always be the first to claim that the team plays on a whole different level when Puyol is around, he is invaluable on the pitch, but I don't think we should take drastic measures if the situation turn out to be highly risky. Depends on what Pique's shape will be, as well. Let's all just hope for the quickest and fullest possible recovery for both.

pawanme10

Why rush Puyol?
We are 8 points ahead. In the game against RM, we can pass to infinity, put them to sleep and sneak a goal in the end from the red hot Pedro or the brilliant Messi.
DON'T RUSH PUYI JUST FOR THIS CLASICO! :(

X

xaviniesta

11 pts after clasioc would be so tempting.... much better than 5...just saying.

J

jtmx12

If I've learned something... Is that Tito won't rush a player just for a game... So my hopes are not really high altho I would really like to see Puyol play... Puyol injured with two broken legs is still better than the average.

Meitux

i dont know from the one think i would sure prefer him but than song but from the other i wouldnt rush him and gets injured more serious so....

Home of Barca Fans