5 - Carles Puyol

Beast

The Observer
He can't be allowed to, really.

Performances like yesterday eventually nullify his fantastic work in the clasico for example. Pointwise then.

Actually he can be allowed ..
by the management , team mates, die hard fans, casual fans,rival fans

very few players in the world could claim such a space or buffer to make mistakes ..

u do allow Messi , Puyol,Xavi to have the odd game
for Real Iker,Raul (beyond the fact that he over stretched his allowance ) now Higuain ..
Del Piro,Maldini.. u get the drift

out of 50 games to have 3-4 is allowed especially that you know you get 110 % in the other games

jairzinho

I don't think it was that bad a game by Carles against Almeria. He always gives us 100%. But it was always going to be tough for him in this match. He played 45 minutes against France in Paris, plus he had to deal with both Guilherme and Crusat with Alves way up in the next half at times..and then milito is still rediscovering form. :p

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He had some very poor moments yesterday, but there were still some important challenges as well. He's generally been superb this season so one bad game isn't the end of the world.

Thierry

When a player as powerful as Carles steps onto the pitch, He expects AT ALL TIMES, to have a perfect game, no matter what. Having said that, it is expected of everyone fan to fully comprehend what that means. Corrupting all potential strikes coming VV's way.

That's exactly what happened on the night. Just unfortunately many failed to understand the concept of complete defensive power that reads:

"Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely"..:)

samg85

I don't know, if Milito keeps this up he might end up replacing Puyol sooner than later. As much as I respect Puyol and mostly every cule does, I feel(this is a hunch) that Pep doesn't really care too much for him. I remember him contemplating leaving Barcelona last year because because he was concerned about possible playing time in first team football. Marquez and Pique were Pep's first choice, then he brought Chygrynskiy. The thing that happened was that Marquez was injured and never recovered. He has been horrendous, Chygrynskiy hasn't made and impact, so he's been first choice this year and has even exceeded many peoples expectations. Him and Pique have been astounding.

Remember, Puyol is definitely top 5 as a CB, but Pep doesn't care about. He cares more about players that he has 'feeling' with. Just remember what happened to Eto'o.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, if Milito keeps this up he might end up replacing Puyol sooner than later. As much as I respect Puyol and mostly every cule does, I feel(this is a hunch) that Pep doesn't really care too much for him. I remember him contemplating leaving Barcelona last year because because he was concerned about possible playing time in first team football. Marquez and Pique were Pep's first choice, then he brought Chygrynskiy. The thing that happened was that Marquez was injured and never recovered. He has been horrendous, Chygrynskiy hasn't made and impact, so he's been first choice this year and has even exceeded many peoples expectations. Him and Pique have been astounding.

Remember, Puyol is definitely top 5 as a CB, but Pep doesn't care about. He cares more about players that he has 'feeling' with. Just remember what happened to Eto'o.

I think there is room for both with Puyol being able to play both DR and DC. It's probably Rafa who will end up being left out more and more imo.

barca96

even if milito takes over from puyol, puyol will still be needed for back up for CB and RB.
very important to keep him here

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Tonight, he was the best. Perfect in defense and very consistent. A real captain in the field.

Home of Barca Fans