5 - Carles Puyol

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bad day indeed. And his inability to work well with Milito showed up again. Birds on trees probably know it by now.
No worries for his form though. Puyol has been very good this season and will bounce back soon no doubt.

Merv

I hated very much to see an own goal from Puyol. Only for the fact that he gives his all every game and sacrifices his body a lot of the time to do it. He has great spirit and shows respect to everyone on the pitch. :wub:

V

Valon

Not partially. :p He was at fault 100% IMO. I think the own goal if he didn't touch it Victor would've save it. But that's life.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Pique Puyol is way better than Puyol Milito T_T

Very true. Piqué can act as some sort of an attacking defender with his passing. Milito and Puyol seem to lack the courage and skill to make Barça more dominant imo: both of them slow the tempo of the build-up play. Also, Piqué's length adds something to the defense, obviously. I'm not a fan of 2 relatively small central defenders.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Not partially. :p He was at fault 100% IMO. I think the own goal if he didn't touch it Victor would've save it. But that's life.
I wrote partially because if you rewind the first goal, you'll discover that it was Yayas marker so it was Yayas fault because he released him. Puyol was covering the near post and ran out to help Yaya. :)

J

Jordzibob

It was a one off performance that Puyol can put behind him tbh. When Pique is back we'll be alot safer.

Galning

I wrote partially because if you rewind the first goal, you'll discover that it was Yayas marker so it was Yayas fault because he released him. Puyol was covering the near post and ran out to help Yaya. :)

Also for the second goal Valdés could've yelled it was his ball.
Still bad game from Puyi though.

Beast

The Observer
After all he did for Barca and all the solid performance he is allowed couple (if not several ) off games .
It couldn't happen to a nicer person though , Carles is respected by everyone including our fans

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
He can't be allowed to, really.

Performances like yesterday eventually nullify his fantastic work in the clasico for example. Pointwise then.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I can't agree with that Gneg, every player has the odd stinker over the course of a season, we're lucky that performances like last night don't come from Carles very often at all.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I'm not mad at him or something, I know it happens. But you can't say that he is allowed to, jsut because he is a legend. Or maybe I interpreted allowed in the wrong way.

Home of Barca Fans