5 - Carles Puyol

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
PuyolFCBarcelona.jpg

Puyol spoke for the press and said that it wasn't a penalty.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Heroic performance, what a lion. Such a horrendous way to end the night though.... absolute bullshit. And there's no way it'd get overruled by those bastards if a case was presented.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He was brilliant up until the sending off, he made some very important interceptions when Arsenal did get into decent positions. The penalty was weird, Fabregas basically kicked him, I can see why the ref gave it but there's certainly an argument against it.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I hope an appeal is made. What else was he going to do? Backing off would be a seasoned defender allowing a dangerous attacker an open shot at goal... not going to happen, there was no involvement on his part other than being stood there and suddenly getting kicked (and cracking the fucker's leg in the process, he is that much of a bull). Fabregas milked it all day long. Karma got him bad, bitch.

samg85

Part of the reason it was a penalty was because he prevented Cesc from striking, but the main reason was because Puyol didn't play the ball. If he would have kicked it out or touched it, I think it wouldn't have been a penalty. Well, that's mostly what I've been hearing from analyst, both Spanish and English.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
He was one of the best in that night (perhaps the best after Ibra)... he don't deserve what happened...

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Whoa beef, how do you celebrate? Nothing compounds the joy of a goal more than that second when you're jumping and your tackle is in freefall

beef-supreme

It depends, I usually get naked and streak, sometimes I run to my parents' room when they're sleeping and scream in their faces so they can wake up and scream with me too (failing to realise that their reaction is shock, not joy), sometimes I do a Zlatan cocky celebration..

Home of Barca Fans