5 - Carles Puyol

Messi__10

Maybe it's a mental war against madrid... Trying to let them think that he won't participate, but when the the time arrives he will be available or something like that

adil_909

Maybe it's a mental war against madrid... Trying to let them think that he won't participate, but when the the time arrives he will be available or something like that

not a fan of these man utd/ real madrid esque tactics. we are barca, we don't need to play such games. plus, i think he'll need a couple of games to get match fitness, he's been out for a damn long time, i know he's carles puyol, but he shouldn't just walk back into the team for the classico (unless we have an 11 point lead, then it doesn't matter)

10messi

Can't we try Mascherano as CB instead of busquets? Masche has similar qualites to Puyol.. very fast and good tackler. We need our Busi-Xavi-Iniesta midfield back, to move the ball faster and gain more control. Would Masche as CB be so bad? Shaktar clearly showed everyone how weak our defense can be against fast stikers... like cr7 for example :unwell:

I think that by doing that only one line (the defense) suffer changes from our beloved "manita" starting 11. Midfield and Front line would remain the same.

:barca scarf:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Guardiola: "Pinto? Better than yesterday, tomorrow final test. Puyol? He makes 2 steps forward and then a half step back, patience" #fcblive

I hope he will make it to Almeria. He could use some playing time.

dalitis8

Banned
Can't we try Mascherano as CB instead of busquets? Masche has similar qualites to Puyol.. very fast and good tackler. We need our Busi-Xavi-Iniesta midfield back, to move the ball faster and gain more control. Would Masche as CB be so bad? Shaktar clearly showed everyone how weak our defense can be against fast stikers... like cr7 for example :unwell:

I think that by doing that only one line (the defense) suffer changes from our beloved "manita" starting 11. Midfield and Front line would remain the same.

:barca scarf:

I don't think that that is such a bad idea...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, I am not sure that Puyol will make it back anytime soon, and even when he does, he hasn't played for months now. That can't be good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Guardiola: "Pinto? Better than yesterday, tomorrow final test. Puyol? He makes 2 steps forward and then a half step back, patience" #fcblive

I hope he will make it to Almeria. He could use some playing time.

That's great news. I just was just beginning to think we won't be seeing him any more this season.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
We desperately need him back, Busi isn't a CB, he's a makeshift defender. That is a weakness Real will look to exploit. Masch is too small to play there, he isn't really anything special in the air. He does offer more pace but Busi at least has some more experience there. I feel sorry for Gabi, not even a look in. He should play against Almeria.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
I don't think we should switch Mascherano and Busquets around, Busquets has more of a sense of the positioning of a CB - even if he does get caught out by pace. Mascherano is also only about 5'9.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at Catalan press I didn't find anything about Pep saying that he hoped Puyol played some minutes vs. Almeria. So much for those twitter "news".

Birdy

Always be afraid of those injuries when you hear that the player will be ready in two weeks and after two months he is still sidelined.. Something must went terribly wrong..

And both Puyol and Abidal are our only defenders with some pace.. Especially Puyol is the only one who know how to 'last ditch' tackle.. I hope at least puyol plays against madrid in CL..

If you see the schedule, we have the most important part of the season left, but only 3 or 4 crucial games (Copa final, 2 CL quarters and CL final if we reach), and other 8 games with either weak opponents or pretty settled (shaktar). So we must really put emphasis on those 3-4 games, 3 of which are against madrid..

I dont underestimate Bernabeu visit for Laliga, but given that we have 8 points clear (maybe more if madrid fails in san mames) and madrid has still to go to Valencia,Sevilla,Villareal its pretty obvious that we should not give everything in that game..
Not defending or changing attitude of course, but save energy for the cup final..

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Always be afraid of those injuries when you hear that the player will be ready in two weeks and after two months he is still sidelined.. Something must went terribly wrong..

Not really, tendonitis is just not something you can really predict. Either a player reacts well to treatment or they don't.

Tendonitis basically means the player is out of action indefinitely. Best case scenario: Xavi, recovered after a month or so.

Worst case scenario? Owen Hargreaves...

BerkeleyBernie

Not really, tendonitis is just not something you can really predict.

It's also a matter of the needs of the position (and the area affected by the tendonitis). Puyol needs to be able to run hard at top speed. Xavi jogs 95% of the time. So recovery to full form for Puyol may take longer.

Especially Puyol is the only one who know how to 'last ditch' tackle..

Masch versus Arsenal. ;)

adil_909

pep needs to play milito, i mean why did he renew his contract if he's just going to play his illegitimate son in CB instead of him?

Home of Barca Fans