5 - Carles Puyol

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh I think Puy could get through on pure adrenalin tbh. As long as he's fit enough to start then it'd be ok, there's no point rushing him into the line up, there are enough Clasicos coming up for him to play in. Just having him back in the dressing room will be huge for the team, but if he starts as well, oh man that would be awesome.

I agree with you maz, there has been a casual element at the back since he went. Abi was superb until his op, but Pique's form hasn't been there until the last couple of games. Puyi wouldn't have let him play that poorly. Also it means Biscuits can get back to his best position again.

B

Branflakes

No offense to Pique, but if i'm totally honest he's nothing without Puyol. We need him back today, despite lack of match fitness. His presence will give the defense a true kick up the back side, and it also means busquets can play in midfield.

maz

I walk the line
Yeh I think Puy could get through on pure adrenalin tbh. As long as he's fit enough to start then it'd be ok, there's no point rushing him into the line up, there are enough Clasicos coming up for him to play in. Just having him back in the dressing room will be huge for the team, but if he starts as well, oh man that would be awesome.

I agree with you maz, there has been a casual element at the back since he went. Abi was superb until his op, but Pique's form hasn't been there until the last couple of games. Puyi wouldn't have let him play that poorly. Also it means Biscuits can get back to his best position again.

Oh yeah, abi was indeed superb. It started in the arsenal match in particular. The first leg. Messi got a lot of the plaudits but abi played a great game. He improved from there, making his op news even harder to bear. Pique has definitely been casual, as you say. Puyol will up everyone's game.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I have not been a fan of our defence (minus vv) since puyi got injured. Not because of ability, but because of mentality. You make it seem like puyol hasn't been playing football for the first team for the last 10 years. He's been out for a bit, but he is a unique player. He has never been the most sharp player on the pitch. His positioning has let him down on occasion. But what he brings in terms of presence, desire and hunger (god if ever there was a player that encapuslated the word hunger it's puyol) is needed right now.

You are right, but an off form Puyi is a bloody nightmare.

maz

I walk the line
True, but that's usually down to saturation of game time. That won't be the case now, and while I'm not as naive as to say his time out will make him fresh for the game, I do think that he will have the usual puyol hunger, and after a few touches of the ball he'll be good.

But those could be very famous last words.

F

Flavia

barcastuff
First medical report Puyol: Felt some hamstring trouble and asked to be subbed out of precaution

G.J

V.H. 4 life
It certainly looked like Pep was already planning to sub him or just being cautious. He seemed walking fine at the end of the game. Hope he is not injured.

gingerless

suspicious injury... i think the stretcher to waste more time or something. after he got off it he was walking fine to the bench, heck even looked like he had a spring in his step.

hope it's nothing serious

Home of Barca Fans