5 - Carles Puyol

xsever

From the official website:

He [Puyol] denied that the hamstring strain on his left thigh was due to perhaps coming back too early: "We made the decision and it was the right one”.

In terms of whether he’ll be Ok for the Cup Final, Puyol is not sure if he’ll play, but "I’ll definitely be there, playing or not, I don’t know”.

xsever

Any official news on Puyol's fitness yet?

From the official website:

Captain Carles Puyol was one of the other players at training. The central defender, who reappeared against Madrid but unfortunately suffered a hamstring strain in his left thigh during the course of the game, did some recovery work. Puyol said at a press conference Sunday that he was waiting to see how the injury evolved these days to see if he might be available for selection on Wednesday.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
rest him. use him as a super sub and start Sergio/Masch as the CB/DM role. He's required more for the CL matches rather than the Copa Final.

adil_909

i say play him this game if he's up for it and then rest him at the burnacow. with the return leg at home, we can use him then when we steamroll those clowns.

xsever

Latest News from the Official Website:
Carles Puyol did not train today. Although he did train on Sunday despite picking up some trouble in the clásico at the Bernabéu, he missed today’s session because he was being subjected to tests to check whether he is fit to play in the cup final. It was finally decided that he will be able to play, if Josep Guardiola so decides.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Yes he has been declared fit for tomorrows game :D
Should he play?....ehhhhh idk lol. I mean we have mach now to swap with busi in the field but i feel Puyol would really go all out in this game. he knows what a final means. At the same time maybe we should save him for the CL and not risk him...hmmm...decisions decisions.

Home of Barca Fans