5 - Carles Puyol

Pepe Silvia

In all the games we lost this year, Puyol didn't play. Typical, huh? Be back soon, capità!
He is that inspirational to our players. I don't think any captain in top level teams has that much of an impact the way Carles has on our guys.

Puyol wouldn't have allowed us to show signs of weakness. He would have made us fight harder.

F

Flavia

He is that inspirational to our players. I don't think any captain in top level teams has that much of an impact the way Carles has on our guys.

Puyol wouldn't have allowed us to show signs of weakness. He would have made us fight harder.

Yes... the difference he makes is really noticeable. I hope he gets well soon, we really need him fit.

Galning

So true.
Seeing Barça without Puyol hurts my eyes. "1-1? Oh it'll be alright.... oh fuck 2-1 :("

We always lose without Puyi.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He'll be back for the 2nd leg right? Although Pique will be a miss having Puyi back will be a massive boost to the team's mentality (effectively what lost us the game). Plus he and Abi's styles are complimentary anyway, so should be good.

Damon

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola may not rush defender Carles Puyol back against fifth-place Athletic, which had won four straight before Monday's loss at Mallorca.

Puyol has been out of action since Jan. 22 with a knee injury. All four of Barcelona's losses this season have come without Puyol in the lineup and, with fellow centre back Gerard Pique suspended for the return leg against Arsenal on March 8, Guardiola may prefer not to risk his captain's health with its European place on the line.

"We can take lessons from the defeat," Barcelona fullback Maxwell said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hH-jSK2T_xu8tH3XUIKsZbt_vGIg

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Puyi must rest until he is completely fit. Our youth setup will provide us with enough CTs. Bartra and Fontàs are extremely good.

Barcilliant

Milito is a fucking liability-seriously. I would rather see us bringing on a youth player. We need to clone Puyol or get another no-nonsense defender like him. Having an aggressive, physical centre back is a hallmark of all good teams. You cant have a team of only gazelles, you need the odd mongrel in there too. We should have never loaned out Caceras. Anyone know how he is doing for Sevilla??? I dont follow their matches.
Also what happened to Muniesa? I know he signed a new contract but this guy was supposed to be the new Puyol and made his first team debut back in 09, I think.

Home of Barca Fans