5 - Iñigo Martínez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Inigo has been a good La Liga CB for years from when he was at Real Sociedad to Athletic, but his last two seasons he's barely been completely fit, even when he's played. He's been mediocre not because he's a bad player, but most likely because he's cooked physically.

The club should have known, and perhaps they did but bet on him being a free transfer and it working out.

Porque

He is a 6/7m player on a 10m contract. That is the be all of it. He is earning what Araujo should have been renewed at a year ago.

Somebody in the club must have wanted him alot, and badly enough to pay him too much with the perceived Saudi thread that last Summer mercado had.

vuji_31

This guy is earning 10mil per season.

33 years old average player that plays few games per season.

Contracts like this is what makes us struggle with FFP.

There is a lot of CB's now, even Faye is serous option to be 4th CB and we pay 10mil per season for it.

Thank you Xavi for masterclass transfers.

One thing that I wll not miss is being linked with washed up 33 years old spanish players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
From Sport

The Basque is also liked by the coach but he is not a priority and, furthermore, the center back position is well covered despite Araujo's injury. He is not registered and his file revolves around figures that must be taken into account, which is a temptation for the club. The player wants to stay and it seems difficult to reach an agreement with him - the private contract is for two seasons.

Masetro10

Never register this bum. Make things unbearable and break the contract. Too much money for a guy who is average to good. Who also happens to be hurt often.

ajnotkeith

Never register this bum. Make things unbearable and break the contract. Too much money for a guy who is average to good. Who also happens to be hurt often.
It's frankly absurd to suggest this treatment against a player who arrived last season on a short term deal.

It's not his fault we signed him and it's not a good look to keep signing players and forcing them out because they earn too much on contracts we gave them ourselves.

Porque

Club is run like a fuckin mental asylum. Sign Kessie and force him out to make a measley 12m.

Struggle to register Inigo on big wages and force him out a year later.

Pull out the stops to sign Roque and try force him out months later.

Forcing Faye out despite promising him first team promotion.

Just mental that screams of a madhouse behind the scenes.

And let's not forget the coach quitting, making a last minute U-turn, having a press conference on staying, and then getting sacked. :lol:

ajnotkeith

Club is run like a fuckin mental asylum. Sign Kessie and force him out to make a measley 12m.

Struggle to register Inigo on big wages and force him out a year later.

Pull out the stops to sign Roque and try force him out months later.

Forcing Faye out despite promising him first team promotion.

Just mental that screams of a madhouse behind the scenes.

And let's not forget the coach quitting, making a last minute U-turn, having a press conference on staying, and then getting sacked. :lol:
It's like my money-making strategy on FM where I sign free agents then force them out a few months later.

I never knew that strategy would be tried in real life... I guess it's FC Barcelona :lol:

jamrock

Good, everyone will be registered by the 2nd game I think.

He'll probably start with one of Cubarsi/Garcia.

Would rather see Faye given a chance as well, but such is football.

This is his last season with us, hope we win the league for him and gundogan.

Home of Barca Fans