6 - Gavi

ajnotkeith

It's a shame he isn't more physically blessed, because he has superb technical talents.

Listed at 1.73 but looks a good bit smaller than those listed the same. Probably more like 1.69, and then lacks pace and strength too. Still very young so can get stronger though.

I feel that might limit him from ever being a midfield great in today's modern game.

Andresito

Staff member
A bit of Bernardo Silva in him. As long as he's technically superior and works incredibly hard on the pitch, he'll always be rated highly.

Porque

Decent acceleration. Lacks a bit of top speed and of course height.

I don't think he would be hindered long term, as he will grow physically.

We still got Modric at 36 hanging in a per game basis, and he never had acceleration nor pace.

Pedri lacks more in these things.

Messigician

We still got Modric at 36 hanging in a per game basis, and he never had acceleration nor pace.

Wtf

Modric is really fast

Even at 36 speed blitzed Messi

ajnotkeith

Tbf to Modric, he still has a pretty decent turn of pace. He clocked a top speed of 33.6km/h in CL this year at 36!!! which is faster than most of our squad clocked in CL groups. Araujo clocked 33.7.

He has pretty good acceleration too. Although RM went all the way so higher sample size to draw sprints from.

Porque

Bc Gavi always runs at much higher intensity, but Modric's top speed is considerably higher.

True. And I am not shifting goalposts, but I don't think anyone would claim Frenkie is slow, yet his top speed is comparable to Gavi's. For me Gavi has good attributes for his age that are yet to peak.

The bigger problem in the midfield is that Pedri and Busquets are very static and share the same top speed and average speed per match. They have no margin to shift speed of intensity and that is 2/3 of the current midfield. When they are out of position or dispossed,the midfield is broken.

ajnotkeith

True. And I am not shifting goalposts, but I don't think anyone would claim Frenkie is slow, yet his top speed is comparable to Gavi's. For me Gavi has good attributes for his age that are yet to peak.

The bigger problem in the midfield is that Pedri and Busquets are very static and share the same top speed and average speed per match. They have no margin to shift speed of intensity and that is 2/3 of the current midfield. When they are out of position or dispossed,the midfield is broken.

I wouldn't say Frenkie is slow either but he's definitely not fast. He is quite a bit bigger which works in his favour physically.

Yeah good point. Our midfield is super super slow compared to most other top teams. So if we want to play a high line and press, we better not lose the ball or we get destroyed on the counter like against Frankfurt.

And then the backline as well is not the fastest, which why Araujo looks like a god every game because he's the only one who can clean up.

Horatio

You're welcome
How fast is modric really? I know he has fast acceleration but can sometimes make you look faster than you are. I think Frenkies pace is good enough but hopefully 3rd midfielder will have really high pace.

Home of Barca Fans