6 - Gavi

JohnN

Good game to use Gavi at home against an inferior opponent who isn't hard pressing, but in the first 2 rounds he looked out of his depth.
For tougher fixtures I would be more confident with FDJ instead of him in the field and perhaps this is the plan.

Porque

Good game to use Gavi at home against an inferior opponent who isn't hard pressing, but in the first 2 rounds he looked out of his depth.
For tougher fixtures I would be more confident with FDJ instead of him in the field and perhaps this is the plan.

Thats fair, but did you see Frenkie get the ball and run into traffic holding R1, realise he was in traffic and switch to holding R2 to try and dribble, but lose the ball before he found a pass.

Better to focus on Gavi potential right now.

Andresito

Staff member
Will apparently wear #30 until January when he will finally be registered as a first team player. Of course with #6.

Co0ter

To be honest I've never seen the appeal of Gavi that others do. I remember mentioning this a while back, and surprisingly a few respectable posters disagreed. The rest of the season however, especially towards the end of last season, Gavi was very uninvolved and played in quite a few matches where Barca heavily disappointed.

So far this season he has been much of the same, just kind of there. Running around, pressing, lots of risky tackles but not really a player running into spaces and demanding the ball. He's not a fantastic dribbler or finisher either. I can see if the kid develops into a further well rounded player he can be useful, but I just don't see star or starter material in him from what I've seen last season into this one. Some good moments, but few and far between. Time is on his side though, he's still young.

Pedri has shown a lot more, and is way more promising. Gavi has a lot of work to do, definitely not worthy of that number 6, yet.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Pedri is generational talent man. You can't put everybody in that basket. Gavi can grow to WC player.

Friendly reminder that Gavi just turned 18. I was definitely more impressed by him at 17 than Pedri, BUT the latter made a stupid jump in quality last season (well, when he was fit). It's not a given that Gavi does the same, but they both have one thing in common: they looked incredible with Spain first - now Pedri has catched up with his performances for Barca.

Hopefully Gavi makes a step forward in his 2nd season as well. Thought he was bad in the first game, solid in the 2nd and great in the third.

Joan

Pedri impressed me more from the beginning. But I think it's not comparable. Pedri's talent is of the highest class. Deserving of that infamous phrase: generational talent.

Gavi has a long way to go. But has all the time in the world too.

Zidane82

Pedri impressed me more from the beginning. But I think it's not comparable. Pedri's talent is of the highest class. Deserving of that infamous phrase: generational talent.

Gavi has a long way to go. But has all the time in the world too.

Pedri is already a fabulous player but I think that Gavi can be even better ?

Fabulous touch , vision plus the determination and heart of Puyol

Home of Barca Fans