6 - Gavi

mc_lovin

Exactly.

Same folk let Gavi off scot free every time.

He was abysmal these two games v Real but hey he acts the hardman so gets a pass.

Have seen similar games from your boyfriend Frenkie :coffee: Switch him and Gavi yesterday and I don't think it changes anything.

We all know in which areas Gavi needs to improve, but listening to you you would think he's a no-talented piece of shit :lol: Where's the nuance in that? He's a starter at 18 in a League winning side that just won a few games in a row vs Real and eventually lost (in a bad fashion). Shocker.

Anyway, reading the fallout from yesterdays match it seems the club is pretty clear about what's the problem: the front-line. That should be as uncontroversial as it gets.

JamDav1982

Have seen similar games from your boyfriend Frenkie :coffee: Switch him and Gavi yesterday and I don't think it changes anything.

We all know in which areas Gavi needs to improve, but listening to you you would think he's a no-talented piece of shit :lol: Where's the nuance in that? He's a starter at 18 in a League winning side that just won a few games in a row vs Real and eventually lost (in a bad fashion). Shocker.

Anyway, reading the fallout from yesterdays match it seems the club is pretty clear about what's the problem: the front-line. That should be as uncontroversial as it gets.

Haha do better.

My boyfriend FDJ is levels above Gavi.

Gavi isnt showing enough quality on the ball no matter how often folk try to deflect about him getting stuck in.

He is 18 with a lot more to learn that a lot of people try to make out.

Likes of you can keep clapping happy though as usual.

FDJ is levels above Gavi and been Barcas best midfielder v them in 3 of last 4 wins and best player at Bernabeu last game. While Gavi was shite.

But aye.. keep thinking he cant provide more than Gavi did yesterday.

Suits you.

Same folk that get emotional any time it is pointed out what Gavi lacks and how little quality he shows often. He is more known for skirmishes than anything does on ball this season.

His level this season gets nowhere near top teams.

Last edited:

Kul_z

While i like gavi a lot, frenkie is our head(pedri) and shoulders best middlefielder. End of story pretty much

ajnotkeith

He's talented - he can do things with the ball some players wouldn't dream of, that is precisely the problem. He has a lot of ability yet is never showing it and just playing like a standard workhorse midfielder with some extra square ups and hard man acts.

He can do a lot more than he's doing but seems to have it in his head that scrapping with Vini is better than showing class on the ball. His first season showed that he has quality.

But so far just regressing more and more whilst likes of Pedri at his age just became more and more classy.

Last edited:

Porque

Yeah, he has kind of lost his way in his development as a midfielder these past months. Probably in part because his hybrid LM midfielder role and not nurturing well back to the middle.

Once this summer hits hopefully he and Xavi, sit down and have a reset, and work together on re-grooming his nuance on playing midfielder as a rotation option.

Barcilliant

At a big club like ours he should not be starting at this point in time. He's still too raw. Look at Madrid with Cama,Tchou and Valverde.
These are prototype modern day midfielders with the right blend of physicality and technique. Modric still bossing and look at our midfield. Roberto pussy, Busquets shit, Pedri injury prone,Kessie average and Gavi too raw.

mc_lovin

Look at Madrid with Cama,Tchou and Valverde.

:facepalm:

Cama is great (at LB that is), Valverde plays a shit season (and was probably the worst player on the pitch in the Clasico) and Tchou is irrelevant post World Cup.

Unless they win another CL we are on course to have a better season than them.

Nazario1985

The most overhyped player of his generation for sure.

If he thinks he can develop to the next Gatuso ... ain't going to work with his sardine body and VAR.

He have no real quality apart from his useless kid stamina which will fade in 3-4 years.

Horatio

You're welcome
Someone said it alright. Repeatedly. Ain’t dropping names though.

I really like Gavi btw. He’s young so could still pan out really well with experience and time.

mc_lovin

Not that I would differentiate a lot between them in terms of talent. The other two just had a head-start.

Pedri is out of this world when things click for him though.

Home of Barca Fans