6 - Gavi

JamDav1982

If this seasons form is anything to go by he would struggle to get a game for Chelsea.

But Chelsea do love a young player to either grow or then sell on.

Gavi at this level is not a Barca starter.

Doesnt know how to play CM positionally and limited on ball too often and not productive enough to give up a wide spot for.

Needs to improve big time and earn place. Not playing all the time as Xavis latest Spanish football blind spot and thinks he is one of best in world.

terryzinc

they should use GAVI as the replacement for Busquets he is a ball retriever have him at CDM
they should then add in FDJ and PEDRI as box to box CM
have Messi as CAM/ST/RW

JamDav1982

Gavi cant play DM. Doesnt have the discipline the awareness nor the range on ball required for that for now.

The best he could do deeper would be in a two if given license to run about and get involved with little positional responsibilities.

He needs to calm down, improve positionally and his awareness higher up the park and make better decisions.

vuji_31

He is Kante type of player, he can be good box to box midfielder...

As CAM he is shit, he can't provide goal or assist to save his life.

JamDav1982

He is Kante type of player, he can be good box to box midfielder...

As CAM he is shit, he can't provide goal or assist to save his life.
Kante reads the game defensively better than anyone going and is much more mobile than Gavi.

Gavi chases anything that moves but should have a lot more on ball than Kante as matures.

vuji_31

Kante reads the game defensively better than anyone going and is much more mobile than Gavi.

Gavi chases anything that moves but should have a lot more on ball than Kante as matures.
I know, but Gavi is 18, I am taking about future...For me he is sub, he can't start games.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Let him leave if he wants to. Pedri and Araujo are honestly the only players in this squad I would be very sad about leaving. Gavi has enormous potential of course but needs to focus on what he does on the ball rather than foul people mindlessly.

JamDav1982

If he leaves the board should resign after what they claimed on levers and say that as someone who doesnt rate him this season very highly at all and he has a lot to learn.

Wont happen though.

The league and Barca wil work it out as part of the negotiations to bring Messi back.

It would be humiliation for league as much as Barca if La Liga started coughing out players with value for nothing.

serghei

Would be terrible if we lose this player for anything short of 90-100m.

On top of having huge potential, he almost never gets injured and his workrate is immense. Renewing him and Balde is priority no1 this summer. Over any signing. I don't think he will leave. Fans love him and chant his name all the time on Camp Nou.

ajnotkeith

Would be terrible if we lose this player for anything short of 90-100m.

On top of having huge potential, he almost never gets injured and his workrate is immense. Renewing him and Balde is priority no1 this summer. Over any signing. I don't think he will leave. Fans love him and chant his name all the time on Camp Nou.
To be honest I think out of the best 11 he is one of the most replaceable.

That he never gets injured isn't that relevant if he isn't adding much when he plays anyway other than work rate. There are plenty of workhorse ballwinner midfielders out there and many better than him.

MATS, Dembele, Christensen, Araujo, Pedri, Balde, when these guys miss games, you notice it. When Gavi comes off or misses a game it's not noticed.

I would accept 100m in a heartbeat, its pure profit on the books also, if we can fix our entire cap issues by selling him please go for it.

ajnotkeith

I add the caveat that he does have significant technical ability. My main problem with him is never wants to show it and just running into people and acting a hard man every game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think he leaves, but if he does and joins Chelsea then he's an idiot honestly.

And I think we'll be able to replace him.

Home of Barca Fans