6 - Gavi

jamrock

2:44

Everyone loves gavi.

But he's being played too high, I think when pedri is back in this Spain 4-2-3-1, pedri will replace him as the effective 10 and he should play beside rodri.

JamDav1982

No he lost his place before they swtched formation.

FDJ had got back in and was Barcas best mid for many games before WC and before Barca moved to a four.

He started 2 games in 6 domestically before the WC and that was when Busi was out. One of which he was hooked early as terrible.

Got back in when Xavi changed it to a four.

Gavi is awful deeper. Watch him for Barca when had to try and play there when FDJ/Pedri out. Was completely lost for most part. Could barely get on ball and was poor with it.

Games v Real/Getafe etc he was a headless chicken showing no postiional sense of how to get on ball and not range on ball needed to play deeper.

Lot to learn if going to drop deeper.

The reason coaches play him higher up is for that reason. He cant play deeper at moment.

Last edited:

BJJ

He has a loooong way to go. Pedri is better but too injury prone. These two are still young and shouldn't be starters.

fergus90

Pedri has had quite a disruptive 18 months with injury. Stagnated his progression a little.

Hopefully he can stay injury free next season and kick on.

Windhook

It's good to see the continuation of the rebuild with the same core of players that Koeman introduced. This had not happened at Barca since 2000 Van Gaal years I think.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's good to see the continuation of the rebuild with the same core of players that Koeman introduced. This had not happened at Barca since 2000 Van Gaal years I think.
Aye. Not many people care to acknowledge Ronald. Just like they diss van Gaal. Who was instrumental for laying foundations for both Rijkaard and Pep. Had the balls and cared little for hired guns from sport and md. Much like Koemsn.

ajnotkeith

I don't mean to be negative, but I'm worried he is going to hit a really early ceiling.

I would say with Pedri to a large extent we saw big improvement from him across his teenage years but Gavi has kind of been the same level as those first months where he came through.

Technically he has got a lot of talent but he's adopting a more workhorse mentality in games, being the one to run himself breathless and fly into contact for no reason, when he has the capability to do a lot more with the actual ball.

Next season I hope Xavi will try and guide him more towards midfield playmaking and quality on the ball rather than shithousing and pressing.

jamrock

He'll be fine, most teenagers dip their 2nd year.

FDJ was running around aimlessly for 2+ seasons and some gave him all the time in the world.

JamDav1982

He'll be fine, most teenagers dip their 2nd year.

FDJ was running around aimlessly for 2+ seasons and some gave him all the time in the world.

Fake news.

FDJ was best mid from moment arrived and was voted player of year in second season.

As usual Jamrock with clueless nonsense.

Do better.

FDJ even in first season was levels above Gavi last season. Not even close.

Even at his worst FDJ will never be barely making double digits passes a game and run about as aimlessly in CM as Gavi did so often last season.

FDJ went from voted best mid in Europe to average first season at Barca then voted player of year in second season.

Imagine folk giving the player voted best mid in Europe time after one season...

Everyone who 'gave him time' was proven 100% correct.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

2:44

Everyone loves gavi.

But he's being played too high, I think when pedri is back in this Spain 4-2-3-1, pedri will replace him as the effective 10 and he should play beside rodri.

This has to be about worst analysis of Gavi... 'always open/always scanning'.

Reality is he struggles to get on the ball in CM currently hence so many games where cant find space. Miles off Pedri/FDJ etc on that currently.

Absolute garbage analysis.

Gavi struggled to move to find ball in those Nation League games and was taken off early in both.

Nations League Games when 'awlays open, always available and scanning everyhing.

V Italy Taken off after 68 mins having made 23 passes....at 79% accuracy...only Morata had lower for Spain outfield players.

V Croatia... 15 passes made at 65% accuracy.. worst in team... also lost possession 9 times... attrocious..only made 6 more passes than losses of possession...'always open.. always scanning'.

Reality.... least open in Spains midfield and least aware of surroundings with lowest pass % and lowest pass accuracy.

ESPN... that lads who though Puig was a top player. Rarely does one media outlet make such awful claims on players.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Lmao you're fucking delusional, at least he doesn't even attempt a long ball ever since he's not too stupid to know his technical level. Araujo on other hand his long balls are for sure chihua level.
Easy there. I get you don't like him but your hate comes off as incredibly bitter and personal.

The very post you're quoting is criticism.

I think he has a high technical level in that his ball control, touch, skill etc outside of a game setting is very good. Showing that in a game is a different matter because it also involves mental and physical aspects such as decision making, strength etc. Which is where I think he lacks. He has great technical skills but doesn't enable himself to show them in a game because his awareness/decision making is bad.

I don't know why I am giving a thoughtful response though since you clearly just want to insult.

Home of Barca Fans