6 - Gavi

xXKonan

For his sake, it's probably good that he has some tough competition and guys to learn from such as Gundogan.

JamDav1982

Complete and utter shite.

Lewa.Raph and Pedri were not great either but Gavi was even worse.

His positioning was absolutely abysmal and showed nothing whatsoever on the ball.

Hopefully just match fitness but still looked like a competition winner out there.

vuji_31

He is shit.

I said it many times.

He does not have single world class attribute, we should sell him while price is high.

Really average la liga youngster.

Buy Gabri Viezga or whatever is he called from Celta Vigo.

ajnotkeith

He's been terrible for almost a year now and people are only seeming to admit it now.

Since his rookie season which was great he only keeps going backwards. He's not improving and just making the same mistakes every time.

fergus90

Complete and utter shite.

Lewa.Raph and Pedri were not great either but Gavi was even worse.

His positioning was absolutely abysmal and showed nothing whatsoever on the ball.

Hopefully just match fitness but still looked like a competition winner out there.
But he shouts and kicks people.

He's not developed whatsoever for about 12-18 months.

ajnotkeith

But he shouts and kicks people.
You joke but it seems like he's almost embraced that role. He runs around chasing balls he won't get, trying to act the hard man every chance he gets and making ridiculous fouls every game. I struggle to think part of it isn't him wanting to show 'passion'.

When the better thing would be to show the skill he actually has on the ball, which is considerable.

JamDav1982

There was one point today FDJ had the ball in CM trying to find a pass through the lines.... Gavi rather than try to find space to offer an option sprinted to about 1m away from FDJ and asked for ball.

FDJ just waved him away.. it added nothing.

Still have hope he can improve a lot again and add to his game.

Best thing for him is Xavi taking him in and out at right time and calming this hard man act.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well Xavi certainly shares some of the blame there. Should be able to have Gavi use more of his talent on the ball which he very clearly showed when he started playing for the first team.
If Xavi is content and want Gavi as his goon then why would Gavi change?

mc_lovin

I am playing the long game here. He’s talented as fuck and will prove you all wrong in time.

That being said, it’s good we signed Gundogan. Gavi needs competition.

JamDav1982

I am playing the long game here. He’s talented as fuck and will prove you all wrong in time.

That being said, it’s good we signed Gundogan. Gavi needs competition.

What will Gavi prove in time?

World class player?

Just better than he is now?

No one will be proved wrong on his peformances last season. He was bang average at best and folk over rated his pressing etc.

Home of Barca Fans