6 - Gavi

ajnotkeith

Some fans are setting themselves up to have some serious egg on their face with this one.

2nd seasons slum happens to pretty much every single young player.

To hear some be critical of him for "running around" and those people are also some of the biggest FDJ fans is funny af, because that's all he did for a good two seasons minimum with us.

To say he's young and needs to develop is a no shit Sherlock kinda statement, but some are going too far, we all know what he did his first season and even the beginning of last season.

Some of the criticism is just fans being salty, because we know why.

Ajno go easy, your post won't age well about this kid.

We signed gundogan, so Everything single midfielder at Barcelona is behind him, which means minutes will get affected, most likely will affect the youngest midfielder we have, that's no knock on his talent.
I think it's better for him if he doesn't play and has midfielders better than him ahead, because he will try to rise to their level. It will be better for him in the long run to learn from those guys ahead of him.

Playing him every game and enforcing the bad habits he is showing won't end well. Like I say, I think he has great technical talent, but he needs to channel that instead of trying to be a destroyer type which he isn't.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah. But it was balanced under the defenders arm too. Might have even hit the defenders arm first too. But of course the referee didn't want to see anything else but Gavi arm.
I know almost every case of accidental hands by attacking player is supposed to be hands. But where is the line drawn? I am looking at footage and seems like opponent is holding on to gavi's arm. So opponent can just push your arm against ball and create hands? da hell

malvolio

I know almost every case of accidental hands by attacking player is supposed to be hands. But where is the line drawn? I am looking at footage and seems like opponent is holding on to gavi's arm. So opponent can just push your arm against ball and create hands? da hell
As long as it is deemed as an advantage for the attacking team...anything goes. Fucked up but it's the way it is.

I wouldn't call this a handball and neither that 'foul' on Araujo. The Uruguayan gets hit on the underfoot, with his leg in the air. Then proceeds to dive as if he was hit by a missle. Of course, by today's rules it is deemed a foul, but so is the handball on Gavi.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No he isnt and did not play well yesterday when came on.

One good tackle was about it.

No quality on ball at all or ability to get on it.

Needs to up his game massively and hopefully does.

Horatio

You're welcome
As long as it is deemed as an advantage for the attacking team...anything goes. Fucked up but it's the way it is.

I wouldn't call this a handball and neither that 'foul' on Araujo. The Uruguayan gets hit on the underfoot, with his leg in the air. Then proceeds to dive as if he was hit by a missle. Of course, by today's rules it is deemed a foul, but so is the handball on Gavi.
I took a new look at the footage. As serghei said before it's quite possible Getafe player's arm made contact with ball before Gavi's. So if Gavi made hands, why foul that one over the earlier one?

JamDav1982

I took a new look at the footage. As serghei said before it's quite possible Getafe player's arm made contact with ball before Gavi's. So if Gavi made hands, why foul that one over the earlier one?

Different rules though still in place I am sure.

Not every time ball hits defenders arm is a pen but every time it hits and attacker that leads to a goalscoring chance it will be.

At least thats how used to be. Hard to keep up.

Doesnt look like hits defender arm though and they did not check for that on refs replay.

Horatio

You're welcome
Different rules though still in place I am sure.

Not every time ball hits defenders arm is a pen but every time it hits and attacker that leads to a goalscoring chance it will be.

At least thats how used to be. Hard to keep up.

Doesnt look like hits defender arm though and they did not check for that on refs replay.
I thought there was a change in 2021 where certain types of hands wouldn't be whistled for as long as player in question doesn't immediately score from it after.

Home of Barca Fans