6 - Gavi

mc_lovin

Two great turns. That’s pretty much it, but it’s the nature of the game. Play centers around Frenkie, Gundogan and Pedri.

Looks good when he actually has the ball.

JamDav1982

Couple decent turns and more than once turned into trouble and dived when challenged.

Very little quality and impact on game.

His movement is terrible.

jamrock

When he got on the ball deeper, he looked good, made the right decisions.

That's his real position, he's not AM, but you gotta take the minutes where it's available, when you're that young.

His first season he played in actual midfield, where he looked great.

He'll be a boss, no worries about that what's so ever.

Last edited:

jamrock

What we really have to do, is what was the original plan, though I respect the flying dutchman for pushing through from the middle of last season.

Sell him, for good money, use a portion to buy a top class DM.

Build the Midfield around gavi, pedri, new DM.

It will happen eventually, that's is the future and it will be glorious.

JamDav1982

He has been an AM all way through la Masia not a CM.

His movement is terrible to try and play deeper currently.

Miles off likes of FDJ who is best mid in team.

Pedri and Gavi has never looked good to date.

Gavi wasnt a starter in his first season when all fit even when deeper and wasnt good there at start of last season either.

FDJ is levels above Gavi as a CM even if not his best position.

mc_lovin

What we really have to do, is what was the original plan, though I respect the flying dutchman for pushing through from the middle of last season.

Sell him, for good money, use a portion to buy a top class DM.

Build the Midfield around gavi, pedri, new DM.

It will happen eventually, that's is the future and it will be glorious.
Agree, but Frenkie as full time CB would be glorious as well.

In a 433 I would argue Gundogan-Romeu-Pedri looks best on paper already.

It’s a bit of a crazy situation as Frenkie looks absolutely incredible. Great, great player, I am just not sure we should build the team around him mid- to longterm.

jamrock

Agree, but Frenkie as full time CB would be glorious as well.

In a 433 I would argue Gundogan-Romeu-Pedri looks best on paper already.

It’s a bit of a crazy situation as Frenkie looks absolutely incredible. Great, great player, I am just not sure we should build the team around him mid- to longterm.
He does look good in a 3 man back line, but the value you could get from him on the market vs what you'd spend to replace him, it's better to sell imo.

De jong as talent, that's clear for every to see, but the fact that he excels only in a double pivot means he's not worth building the Midfield around, which is what Xavi thought when he wanted to sell him, he came up with a Box midfield, that mainly helped busquets & De jong, but it has its draw backs.

4-3-3 should be the standard system and the Box for more difficult games.

Sell him for 80m, spend 40-60 to replace him & get someone else with the change.

His recent form shouldn't change the long term plan.

JamDav1982

Frenkie starts every time in Barcas strongest team whether it is 433 or any other fornation.

Romeu behind Pedri/Gundo would lack athletic ability big time and get torn on break.

De Jong was Barcas best player at CM before formation change last season and was Barcas best mid when Xavi had his best run of form with 433 towards end of previous season.

Ran rings round Real/Napoli etc.

Xavi knows this now and Barca will extend him soon enough.

Co0ter

Sell our best midfielder by far, who can also play in the backline, to build around Gavi who's played like shit for 1.5 season.

LOL

mc_lovin

Xavi knows this now and Barca will extend him soon enough.

They will extend him for FFP. It helps that he’s a great player though. Gundogan-Pedri looks better than Frenkie-Gundogan/Pedri as the interior pair if you ask me.

But moot point as we don’t have a starting single pivot or a LW.

JamDav1982

They will extend him for FFP. It helps that he’s a great player though. Gundogan-Pedri looks better than Frenkie-Gundogan/Pedri as the interior pair if you ask me.

But moot point as we don’t have a starting single pivot or a LW.

FDJ is Barcas best mid.

Until otherwise he will be picked.

Romeu Pedri Gundogan is not way to go at all.

FDJ is fucking miles better at DM than Romeu anyway even if not best position.

Home of Barca Fans