6 - Gavi

mc_lovin

If we lose one of our most valuable/established/rated youth players to Liverpool we can close shop :lol:

I don't think there will be any issues.

ajnotkeith

Gavi is human as well. We can't expect players to reject offers giving them triple the money or so because they 'love the club'. Players need to be valued also.

So we should give him an offer he deserves and not lowball, same for Araujo, then they will renew.

Raketa10

I am sure we'll give him a proper contract. Same goes to Araujo. And we need to do that ASAP, we really can't afford to lose those two.

Porque

Liverpool have a wage structure that they keep to. It is unlikely that they can give him a wage higher than what we can.

It is more than likely a negotiating tactic that Ivan de la Pena is using to increase our wage offer.

I'll say the same with Gavi that I said with Pedri. We have to offer them based on their current ability and ignore their age. Gavi still has room to grow but he is an established first team player for club and country right now. His wage should reflect that. But obviously not be too high to break structure and create problems with renewals down the line.

He will renew, just for more than what Laporta would ideally like for a 17 year old to be signed at.

malvolio

Neither Cesc or Thiago had the chance this kid has. There is no Xavi or Iniesta to compete with.
The fuck would he do in that shit hole that is Liverpool? Millionaire with guaranteed starting spot for Spain and Barcelona, living in the best city - what more could he want?

fergus90

Neither Cesc or Thiago had the chance this kid has. There is no Xavi or Iniesta to compete with.
The fuck would he do in that shit hole that is Liverpool? Millionaire with guaranteed starting spot for Spain and Barcelona, living in the best city - what more could he want?

He can go on The Beatles tour in Liverpool though.

Home of Barca Fans