6 - Gavi

Bobo32

Pedri is only about 18 and he was arguably our and Spains best player last year !!

Spains best player (after Busquets) for sure, I was a bit disappointed in him in Barcelona though, and liked him better in autumn than in spring.
My post was about progress, not about class.

FCBfan22

Pedri hasn't "progressed" that much, and Gavi is top 3 CM or there about currently at 17

Pedri has progressed. A lot. Yes, the passing and playing Barca style was always there, but in the finishing department and even in being more leathal with passes in opponents box he made a giant leap forward since the injury. He is becoming a total midfielder. A touch of Iniesta and a touch of Xavi.

Meanwhile, Gavi, while having everything that a Barca CM needs, still needs a bit of polishing (expected at 17), but with one of the all time greats at the helm, he will progress. The most important thing he needs to learn now IMO is how to curb his agresiveness. It's good to have an agressive CM, but Gavi tends to go overboard sometimes.

Last edited:

Porque

Loving the Barcelona forum see-saw

Gavi has a good first half
-"Gavi is better!!!!!!"
Pedri has a good second half
-"Pedri is better!!!???"

Meanwhile Busi just chilling in the background taking up consistent 90s

FinBarcelonafan

Need to bet more on a Frenkie, Gavi, Pedri midfield.

I actually like how Xavi is handling now Busi, Gavi, Nico, Frenkie and Pedri.(in this way I don't even hate Busi. They have bit different strengths) They are all playing and they are getting rest here and there. For many years we just destroyed our midfielders mentally and physically, like Iniesta, Rakitic in their last seasons. Way too many minutes. Of course, these young guys can deal with more minutes but I prefer we focus on quality over quantity playing.

Porque

I actually like how Xavi is handling now Busi, Gavi, Nico, Frenkie and Pedri.(in this way I don't even hate Busi. They have bit different strengths) They are all playing and they are getting rest here and there. For many years we just destroyed our midfielders mentally and physically, like Iniesta, Rakitic in their last seasons. Way too many minutes. Of course, these young guys can deal with more minutes but I prefer we focus on quality over quantity playing.

Good post.

Would you sign Kessie and loan Nico for a season to a good team that gives a starting position?

Imo he is our unpolished Jewell, but will have the least minutes out of the quintet and needs the most work in developing.

Messi983

Let's not say Xavi is managing Busi's minutes just because he has started one game on the bench after playing full 90 minutes in all other games he was available.

khaled_a_d

What?

Zidane82

Good post.

Would you sign Kessie and loan Nico for a season to a good team that gives a starting position?

Imo he is our unpolished Jewell, but will have the least minutes out of the quintet and needs the most work in developing.

I like him a lot but I would rather he stayed here to learn off Busqs and Xavi

Home of Barca Fans