6 - Gavi

Tackle

Both the renewals of Gavi and Ronald Araujo are at a 'dead point'. The players' agents ask for salaries that Barca cannot pay. The club say: "They will stay if they want to stay, but only under Barca's conditions." [sport]

Raketa10

Both the renewals of Gavi and Ronald Araujo are at a 'dead point'. The players' agents ask for salaries that Barca cannot pay. The club say: "They will stay if they want to stay, but only under Barca's conditions." [sport]

Fucking Laporta and Co.! They should have renewed them long before they started talking about Christensen or Kassie!!!! We can't lose those two.

Messi983

ronaldo-calma.gif

Relax everyone, they will both renew soon.

Messigician

It's done he's gone

Both the renewals of Gavi and Ronald Araujo are at a 'dead point'. The players' agents ask for salaries that Bar?a will not pay. The club say: "They will stay if they want to stay, but only under Bar?a's conditions."

? @sport

Porque

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]

Isn't Gavi agent Ivan De La Pena, so Puyol too.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/puyol-de-la-pena-amp-sostres/beraterfirma/berater/419

On one hand they have close club contacts so are just trying to get the best deal.

On the other hand, they took Adrian and Eric Garcia to City so I am sure that is the angle that they would be pushing on Gavi.

Tough decision coming up (to break the financial structure set to keep Gavi), but we absolutely need to keep Gavi. Even if it means sacrificing Kessie (or FdJ).

He should be in the same wage bracket as Pedri whether they like it or not. The bigger miscalculation the club made was with the renewal of Fati. I love the kid and all, but his wage renewal was overestimated. So sad he got another long term injury after it.

But look at this.
FC Barcelona total first team minutes
Ansu Fati = 2546 (LaLiga+CopaDelRey+CL+SuperCopa) / 3 Seasons
Gavi = 2158 (LaLiga+CopaDelRey+CL+EL+SuperCopa) / 1 Season

Gavi will end this season having played more first team minutes than Ansu. So let's pay him as one.

Last edited:

Catta

The club thinks our players are idiots. Lowballing two guys who are starters now, while at the same time offering huge money to two guys who play in their positions.

feggydinho

The club thinks our players are idiots. Lowballing two guys who are starters now, while at the same time offering huge money to two guys who play in their positions.

Lol, and it's so glaring to see. Committing 5 years is no joke so they should work on a decent salary and not lowball them, plus I'm pretty sure we'll want to add our normal 1 billion release clause. He's really young though but has been quality since I saw him in LaLigaPromise 2016, so there's that

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
The club is doing everything to save money so it's expected the first offers are low.

There's always the risk of ending up where Bartomeu was with those big contracts. But the difference with Gavi/Araujo compared to say Roberto is that other clubs are willing to pay a certain amount. Won't be like Bartomeu handing Roberto an extreme increase in salary as if he was handing out candy.

In the end the value of something is what others are willing to pay. I'm sure Araujo and Gavi can consider getting a few percent less than what PL clubs are offering thanks to their willingness to stay, but it won't be no 40-50%.

I still expect them both to stay. They are crucial in the rebuild. The fans, coach and club loves them. And have a recent bad example that is Ilaix.

Home of Barca Fans