6 - Gavi

Xtroverto

Delusional if you think he goes to Madrid at any point of his career.

The only thing that stopped Xavi from signing with AC Milan in 1999, was his mother having a complete meltdown. According to himself he had already decided to sign a contract that would give him 15 times higher salary than what he had as a player in Barcelona. Any player can be bought, it is just a question of how much. The idea that Gavi would not sign a contract with Real Madrid if they offered enough, is the real delusion here.

Andresito

Staff member
He will never choose Madrid in a 1v1 against Barca.

But it can get to a point where his demands are too high and Barca say no thanks and end negotiations.

At that point, he'll look for alternatives: is he going to move to PL or stay in Spain.

So far it's always been said he doesn't even listen to other offers, so I'm not worried at all. But IF negotiations break down, there's imo a higher chance of him moving to Madrid than to Liverpool and the likes.

That gives the following chances (thoroughly calculated):
95% Barca
3% Madrid
1% Liverpool
1% City

Xtroverto

You hear ridiculous things every day.

This no player from South of Spain and Gavi more likely than others to go to Real Madrid is one of them :lol:

I suggest you tell me about all the players FC Barcelona has signed hailing from the south of Spain, and then compared that with all the players that Real Madrid has signed from the south of Spain, is it 98-2% or 99-1% in favor of Real Madrid, I don't know maybe you can tell me.

Real Madrid completely dominating south of Spain when it comes to team suppport.

https://kikollan.carto.com/viz/33755054-32e5-11e4-8ba2-0edbca4b5057/embed_map

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I suggest you tell me about all the players FC Barcelona has signed hailing from the south of Spain, and then compared that with all the players that Real Madrid has signed from the south of Spain, is it 98-2% or 99-1% in favor of Real Madrid, I don't know maybe you can tell me.

Real Madrid completely dominating south of Spain when it comes to team suppport.

Real Madrid dominate most of Spain for team support.

It doesn't matter whatsoever. Pedri and Pedro are from an area with bigger Real Madrid support than Barca too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Why does that matter though? Are you saying Gavi is a closet Madridista or something? Even if that was the case, we all know nowadays club allegiance/being a fan of a certain club growing up etc. is not a decisive factor, as least not as decisive as other factors like chances of trophy, prestige, project, manager, playing time and increasingly, money. I think Gavi, like most other footballers will take those factors into consideration more than what team he likes as a fan.

Not saying there is no chance whatsoever he will go to Madrid if he doesn't renew, but given all the stigma and commotions of making the unthinkable switch, I think it is highly unlikely he will go there.

ajnotkeith

Easy to say 'greedy' to Araujo, Dembele or Gavi but remember, those aren't just numbers. If another team is offering double what we offer, that is a massive amount of money that will make a big difference to their lives.

We need to make our offer competitive before we play the 'happiness' card.

mc_lovin

For now it's the usual stuff, negotiations take time etc pp. I am not worried.

Our biggest problem is how "little" we pay Pedri though. He pretty much sets the bar for the rest of the renewals.

serghei

For now it's the usual stuff, negotiations take time etc pp. I am not worried.

Our biggest problem is how "little" we pay Pedri though. He pretty much sets the bar for the rest of the renewals.

It's all relative. His salary is huge for a 19 year older. His next contract in 3-4 years is gonna be a big one. The kid is taking it one step at a time. He really is special.

serghei

Easy to say 'greedy' to Araujo, Dembele or Gavi but remember, those aren't just numbers. If another team is offering double what we offer, that is a massive amount of money that will make a big difference to their lives.

We need to make our offer competitive before we play the 'happiness' card.

This is all just speculation at this point. Their agents are playing hard ball to get them better contracts IMO. Teams like Liverpool or Bayern don't offer big contracts, least of all to 17-year-olds. Just saw Van Dijks contract put in some threat and it's unusually low for the best CB in the game. And the guy is at his peak. Not to mention Salah.

feggydinho

This is all just speculation at this point. Their agents are playing hard ball to get them better contracts IMO. Teams like Liverpool or Bayern don't offer big contracts, least of all to 17-year-olds. Just saw Van Dijks contract put in some threat and it's unusually low for the best CB in the game. And the guy is at his peak. Not to mention Salah.

Things are changing, people are paid now based on their roles, expected contribution, and not age. You see very young professionals earning amazing salaries nowadays, so it's more about what they bring to the table. Bayern is paying Musiala around 5m and he's pretty young so it's what it is.

Home of Barca Fans