6 - Gavi

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yup, I have watched Wirtz on several occasions and he does have some very good spurts here and there, but most of the time or in other times he is just like of invisible or meh. I don't know.

gregorrin10

Gavi should have won, Wirtz is as overrated as Havertz, and Bellingham has the English tax.

Havertz isn't overrated, and neither is Wirtz. And Bellingham is actually the only English player besides Foden (and maybe Rice) worth the hype right now. First three are the right choice, then it's just a question of personal preference.

khaled_a_d

Gavi finished third in the NXGN 2022: The 50 best wonderkids in football ranking, behind No.1 Bellingham and No.2 Wirtz. Interesting to see these players.

https://www.*********/en/lists/nxgn...otball/blt20779a3d73329005#csfbd1a40ab77b5595 (replace with g o a l.com)

Good for him, but extremely crap list tbh.
Made completely based on hype, clear by the ranking of some of those Barca/ex-barca kids.
They made an article about where is there top 50 of 2020, and gosh it shows how awful in their ranking.
That said, some interesting names there.

Raketa10

If he doesn't renew soon he will leave. The more I read news the more it seams to me both him and Araujo are pissed for not being valued as players like Christensen or Kessie and to be fair they are right. Why would Gavi settle for 2 or 3 mil while Kessie gets 5 or 6 mil? We fucking need to fix this and we need to do it NOW! Letting him leave would be an absolute disgrace! He is a generational talent, furthermore his Transfermakt value is higher than Kassie's and he is only 17! For fucks sake Laporta don't make this horrible mistake and renew him ASAP!

Last edited:

serghei

If he doesn't renew soon he will leave. The more I read news the more it seams to me both him and Araujo are pissed for not being valued as players like Christensen or Kessie and to be fair they are right. Why would Gavi settle for 2 or 3 mil while Kessie gets 5 or 6 mil? We fucking need to fix this and we need to do it NOW! Letting him leave would be an absolute disgrace! He is a generational talent, furthermore his Transfermakt value is higher than Kassie's and he is only 17! For fucks sake Laporta don't make this horrible mistake and renew him ASAP!

Because Gavi is 17 and just coming up while Kessie is a top player from Serie A leaders signed on a free. How many goals does Gavi have for Barca, and how many does Kessie have in Serie A?

Fame is getting to these guys' heads way too fast.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Because Gavi is 17 and just coming up while Kessie is a top player from Serie A leaders signed on a free. How many goals does Gavi have for Barca, and how many does Kessie have in Serie A?

Fame is getting to these guys' heads way too fast.

True, but the reality is that if Gavi and Kessie and put on sale, more clubs would go after Gavi and they know this.

MTL_Barca

How does the contract situation even work with Gavi? He can't be registered for 1st team atm as far as i know and idk if we have room for FFP. Could we even give him a big contract right now?

Generally i wouldn't get nervous just now, if he renews in summer it's all good. Leaving might result in career suicide, i don't see him being as greedy. He himself pretty much replaced a guy who left for money, now Gavi is playing for Spain and regularly starting for Barca while Ilaix is loaned to Valencia after playing only 100 minutes for Leipzig.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
He turns 18 in August. I'm sure conditions that can be offered are different for an u18 player. But of course they can come to an agreement now for a contract that kicks in the day he turns 18.

Would be great to wrap it up right now, but in reality were not in that much of a hurry. It's not like Gavi is losing money as every day passes.

serghei

He turns 18 in August. I'm sure conditions that can be offered are different for an u18 player. But of course they can come to an agreement now for a contract that kicks in the day he turns 18.

Would be great to wrap it up right now, but in reality were not in that much of a hurry. It's not like Gavi is losing money as every day passes.

No, but teams will throw a lot of money his way. Don't you see everyone now is looking to play a version of Pep's Barca and try to copy that team with some alterations? It's dangerous for us to develop Gavi without a long-term contract signed.

Same situation as with Pedri really.

Home of Barca Fans