7 - Ferran Torres

mc_lovin

Torres seems like a much better option than than Sterling.. But I highly doubt Barca can pull this off considiring the financial problems.. At the end Barca will sign Cavani on loan since Aguero will probably retire because of heart problems..

I guess it's an unpopular opinion around here, but Sterling is a better player than Torres.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Eric Garcia imho did not demonstrate that. At City he was 6th in line - Dias, Stones, La Porte, Ake, Fernandinho then Garcia.

You know nothing about what you talk. Ake wasn't even there, pursuit of both Dias & Ake was subsequent to Eric deciding to not renew as reported by Domenech. Meanwhile, Stones was not preferred to Garcia and most of all one only needs to hear/read what Guardiola reguarly said of Garcia - he was highly prioritized

I believe Ansu's emergence, COVID coupled with death of his grandfather reprioritized the player's will to return home

Porque

Why are Barca?s CEO and sporting director at City's training ground on Friday ?

Laporta has a good relationship with Soriano, Txiki and others of his original election team that eventually joined City.

My guess is that given our current financial problems that we are trying to work that angle to secure a favourable deal (in terms of payment structure, loan plus transfer) for someone at City.

City won't do us any favours though. It's no surprise that since the rumours of Sterling's renewal problems and Barca interest come up that Sterling has featured more and had more starts.

Maybe the best we can hope for is a loan for Kayky and try to sneak in a buy option.

Windhook

Ferran is a great target, although injured until January, I think he could suit our style, also already works with Pep.

But expecting a discount on his price, because some folks at City are buddies with Laporta is not serious. Bear in mind that Pep would want to keep him, Ferran is important player in his plans and this will not be an easy transfer.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Ferran is a great target, although injured until January, I think he could suit our style, also already works with Pep.

But expecting a discount on his price, because some folks at City are buddies with Laporta is not serious. Bear in mind that Pep would want to keep him, Ferran is important player in his plans and this will not be an easy transfer.

All very true but at the same time Pep has long been clear he will not keep players that want to leave, negotiating a fee that lies with Txiki & Soriano whom Laporta knows well. If Joan has a target and the player desires it, it's merely a matter of time

FinBarcelonafan

One thing I don't like is dealing with these fecked-up clubs for which 50m is pocket change for some megarich sheik to buy a new painting or something. We should get ahead of those clubs and find our own Ferran Torres for 20m.

Why weren't we in for this guy with 1 year left when at Valencia, that's the question likes of Messigician should ask themselves, instead of posting how Bartomeu was a great president :lol:.

This antiquated version of Laporta is still twice the president Bartomeu ever was.

This. We are running the club like Dumbele running on the pitch. We need to get these players before their multiplies, especially in our situation.

Mateka

Sterling Pep can keep, he simply picks him more. Sane wanted to go back to Germany, he was released at a low price. If Torres wants to go, City will release him. City are high buyers but low sellers. 40-45m I would have thought a minimum price. He is Spain main striker and almost broke record for goals, age and games.

There has been little discussion on his injury. 2-3 months out broken bone in his foot. Injured in the semis and Spain declares him fit for the final. He plays 85 mins injured and has not played since.

Where does Barca get the money? Swap LDJ or pay in instalments?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans