7 - Ferran Torres

Mateka

Newcastle would probably take him but he doesn't want to go there.

I don’t think they would. To be in the bottom 3 of the EPL at Christmas is seriously bad news. They are in a relegation battle and need a different type of player to Coutinho. Should they survive and remain in the PL, then the Coutinho’s of this world may be the next tier of players who come in. After that , Newcastle would then hope to step up another tier in recruitment.

Devils

Bar?a has a total agreement with Ferran Torres, and are close to reaching an agreement of around €50m with Manchester City. The club would pay in installments, and would not start paying now. @mundodeportivo

Mercato buzzing!

Devils

[ @FabrizioRomano] | Barca are pushing on Torres deal. He’s the priority - personal terms agreed but it’s still not agreed with ManCity [€50m bid, €60m price tag]. Barca have also Ziyech opened as plan B. He’s an option only in case Ferr?n deal won’t be concluded. #fcblive

#Mercato

50m + 5m Variables will be agreed upon in early January.

Andresito

Staff member
He wanted to become Valencia's captain before leaving for City. He ain't no choir boy that's for sure.

50-60m is still a lot of money. Is he the best we can get for that price? Maybe he is.

JamDav1982

It is not just the money but how deal is structured.

How many clubs would accept selling 50m player for the structures being discussed?

Not many.

City dont need the cash in way majority of top other clubs do. For them it is more about the accounts and spending rules.

If this happens City are helping Barca a bit or at very least not making it difficult.

Birdy

He wanted to become Valencia's captain before leaving for City. He ain't no choir boy that's for sure.

50-60m is still a lot of money. Is he the best we can get for that price? Maybe he is.

This!

I still think it's too much and most importantly: NOT justified by what he has shown in his 2 years at City so far.
Transfermarkt estimates he increased his value only by 5m these 2 years. And remember he was bought from Valencia for 25m pounds only..

Bench/Squad player with good cameos.
Yes, he can be a good fit and starter at Barca and I want him here.
Not at any cost though!!!

JamDav1982

He has done very well at City particularly considering arrived in EPL to La Liga at 20.

Been one of if not Spains best player in past year and a bit.

What Transfermrkt value him at is irrelevant but they have him at 50m Euros anyway.

Devils

The question is, if we don't land another STARTING (this excludes Cavani) striker in the winter or summer can this be converted to play the #9 position? He's had stints there at both City and Spain and done pretty well.

But both of those teams are well structure, fluid and functioning systems. Miles ahead of what's being seen at Barca today!

vuji_31

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfers-europe-fixtures-18709529.amp

Ok.

So what...34.8 km/h...

Vini Jr has about 35 and Mingueza 34 , and we all saw what happened at el clasico.

Good sprint speed bit awful acceleration.

Ferran is not fast as Sane, Mane, Salah and rest of top class wingers.

He is more Jota/Gnabry speed lvl.

fergus90

I like Torres although I do feel 50mil euros is a little steep, especially given the financial situation.

vuji_31

I mean Ferran doesn't look rapid, but why Ziyech if that's the issue? :lol:

Ziyech transfee would cost 20mil, you get good player and have space and money for real striker.

5 years of playing with false nine and strugling against any park the bus team are coming if we sign this guy.

ajnotkeith

Torres would of course be very important for us rn and would win us points in those games like Osasuna, but it all depends on the price and wages.

Home of Barca Fans