7 - Ferran Torres

mc_lovin

Wouldnt surprise me if he is just a player who can play well under a top coach like pep

He has grown on me since his Valencia days, where he looked like a classic winger (and not a particularly great one). I wouldn't have touched him back then (but I blame Barto for going for the "more goalscoring looking winger" in Trincao xD - captain hindsight).

Now he plays more inverted/inside for Spain/City and looks pretty great. Like a natural finisher actually. 50m is a bit steep for me, but 40m would look like a gift if that makes any sense. Either way not too much to complain about, at least the transfer makes sense. That's progress.

Mateka

Let s say Ferran Torres is a Barca player. 20 years of age, on a long term contract. Scoring goals at league and international level.

What would you sell him for? I don t think anybody is going to say a figure under 50m.

If City, Chelsea , Liverpool or United were interested you would ask 100m.

His release figure would be 400m.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Let?s say Ferran Torres is a Barca player. 20 years of age, on a long term contract. Scoring goals at league and international level.

What would you sell him for? I don?t think anybody is going to say a figure under 50m.

Well put

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Let’s say Ferran Torres is a Barca player. 20 years of age, on a long term contract. Scoring goals at league and international level.

What would you sell him for? I don’t think anybody is going to say a figure under 50m.

Delusional

No Spanish player of a similar age/profile has ever been sold for such a fee, especially one from Spain that cost €23M 16 months ago

City believe they can hold players who want to leave by overestimating their market value - last time they did that, the player walked for free. His market value is 50-55M

Mateka

Manchester Evening News reports that Ferran dropped a ‘hint on his future’.

On a recent Garcia tweet ‘ Torres commented on the post with two emojis - applause and a star.’ .

If that is a hint of his future , then Messi is signing for City because yesterday he ate fried rice and in Manchester there is a Chinese restaurant only 10 miles from The Etihad stadium.

Last edited:

Mateka

The Premier League champions want €60m before they can agree to sell him but for the moment Barcelona are only willing to pay a fee of around €45m.

Manchester City have made it clear to Barcelona that they would have no problem in holding on to Torres if their demands are not met.
Insidefutbol

khaled_a_d

The Premier League champions want €60m before they can agree to sell him but for the moment Barcelona are only willing to pay a fee of around €45m.

Manchester City have made it clear to Barcelona that they would have no problem in holding on to Torres if their demands are not met.
Insidefutbol

Depending on the alternative, this might be City doing us a favour.

Mateka

Barcelona Remain Committed to Ferran Torres Signing

While Barcelona are not looking to sign Cavani from Manchester United, Xavi’s side are strongly interested in brining in a forward from another Manchester club.
lastwordonsports.com. ( never heard of them)

Home of Barca Fans