7 - Ferran Torres

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How can we sign him without selling or getting rid of some players? I don't get it.

We can sign him. Just cannot register him. There's however rumors Tottenham want to sign Lenglet now in January so that might be the way this happens. I'm sure they're working on it behind the scenes.

Riordon

My guess is we will regret this signing and not going for Adeyemi og Antony when they will be superstars.

Never liked him at Valencia, scored some tap ins at City. The fans dont seem to rate him that much either.

Bad signing from Xavi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My guess is we will regret this signing and not going for Adeyemi og Antony when they will be superstars.

Never liked him at Valencia, scored some tap ins at City. The fans dont seem to rate him that much either.

Bad signing from Xavi.

Adeyemi rejected our offer sadly. He's likely off to Dortmund to follow the same career path Haaland has done.

khaled_a_d

Bad signing. He hasn't really showed anything. For that kind of money we should have gone for Adeyemi or Antony.

If he fails its on Xavi not the board because he requested it.

Main problem/risk for him is his fit and role within the team.
Is he a 9 or winger?

If he is a 9, then we have just shut down the idea of Adeyami (seems he rejected us at the end), Halaand( was long shot) and Vlahovic ( was never easy, but was always possible) and next summer we will be in for either a winger or renew Dembele and rely on him (bad idea IMO)
Front 3 will be something like this: Fati-Ferran-Dembele
It isn't conventional, and Ferran will have lots of adjustments to do, learning how to play with back to the goal and playing in penalty area with parked the bus teams.

If he is a winger, then it is weird choice, he lacks top speed for that position, and he relies a lot on his off the ball movement and link up play. He is good there, but OTOH he is very similar to Fati, it takes a lot of width from the team which is necessary.

atm he is far better than any attacker we have other than healthy Fati, but the long term fit for him is the bigger question.
I hope they know what is in their mind

Devils

Bar?a will pay 55M + 10-12M in variables for Ferran Torres. He can only be registered when there are departures. Manchester City paid 25M for Torres in August 2020 (via @ARAesports)

Coutinho or Umtiti will have to leave.

Demir and Dest are surely gone. Possibly Lenglet too.

Rassvet

Ferran Torres to Barcelona, done deal confirmed and here we go! The agreement has been completed for €55m plus €10m add ons to Manchester City.#FCB

Ferran will sign a five year deal as new Barcelona players in the coming hours. He’s always been the priority for Xavi.

(Romano)

Devils

Ferr?n Torres to Barcelona, done deal confirmed and here we go! The agreement has been completed for ?55m plus ?10m add ons to Manchester City.

Ferr?n will sign a five year deal as new Barcelona players in the coming hours. He?s always been the priority for Xavi.

[Fabrizio Romano]

Confirmed by Romano as well. 55m! Stunning.

Rassvet

That seems a bit overpriced for my liking. City got him for 25m, he hasn’t been great for them, and then they sell him to us for 55-65m :lol:

It is what it is I suppose.

Rassvet

More. Ferran Torres could be in Barcelona tomorrow for medical and contract signing. Barca already working on statement to be released together with Man City.

Club now working on protocols with Ferran’s agents to plan for his arrival in Spain, possibly in 24 hours.

(Fabrizio Romano)

pain

Messigician

More. Ferran Torres could be in Barcelona tomorrow for medical and contract signing. Barca already working on statement to be released together with Man City.

Club now working on protocols with Ferran?s agents to plan for his arrival in Spain, possibly in 24 hours.

(Fabrizio Romano)

pain

The Spanis arsenal

Laporta killed Messi's career for this shit

mc_lovin

For me he's not a player you go out of your comfort zone for and pay that little extra. 45ME would be a great deal, 55ME give me a slight headache and 65ME would be absurd. We will see where we end.

Within the context of reaching CL overpaying might make sense though, but it remains to be seen how that pans out.

Home of Barca Fans