7 - Ferran Torres

delancey

It makes absolutely no sense why seemingly intelligent adults would sign Ferran, knowing fully well that we would need to either extend Dembele?s contract, or need to get rid of Coutinho and Umtiti... to register Ferran. A purchase of this magnitude and importance should not rely on unrelated events occurring. Cant be true guys, right? 🤪

clemente

Obviously he's gonna get signed, we can't use him before Jan 17 anyway, you think board didn't know that? Some deadbeats are gonna be shipped, maybe even Aguero termination, a lot is gonna happen in this window I think. Plus we can already sign him anyway, sounds like bs rumours.

Mateka

When one observes the manoeuvres taking place reported in the media, the severe financial restrictions, to get FT deal over the line. Why are some thinking that Haaland is a possibility for Barca? Yes, the striker required, arguably the best around, but being realistic any deal is dead in the water.

delancey

Obviously he's gonna get signed, we can't use him before Jan 17 anyway, you think board didn't know that? Some deadbeats are gonna be shipped, maybe even Aguero termination, a lot is gonna happen in this window I think. Plus we can already sign him anyway, sounds like bs rumours.

the rumors flying around sure as hell are making the board seem incompetent. He should be registered on the 3rd to calm the rumors. If they wait, there is truth in the rumors. We will have to wait and see.

FinBarcelonafan

the rumors flying around sure as hell are making the board seem incompetent. He should be registered on the 3rd to calm the rumors. If they wait, there is truth in the rumors. We will have to wait and see.

Yep. True.

Is Torres fit enough to play third? If not then it doesn't matter that much

iniestaGOAT

Hardly. Its an unprecedented situation with the salary cap and other bullshit. No many have to deal with it. If you ( the board) beleive the player will live up to the potential sign him asap, worst case register in the summer.

delancey

Hardly. Its an unprecedented situation with the salary cap and other bullshit. No many have to deal with it. If you ( the board) beleive the player will live up to the potential sign him asap, worst case register in the summer.

Salary cap + La Liga bureaucracy is the worst. Fully agree there! But The agreement has already been made official, so if we are unable to register him in January, it would prove that the board made a decision dependent on other events materializing in order for the player to be registered in January. That?s some Russian roulette right there.

behindbrowneyes

When one observes the manoeuvres taking place reported in the media, the severe financial restrictions, to get FT deal over the line. Why are some thinking that Haaland is a possibility for Barca? Yes, the striker required, arguably the best around, but being realistic any deal is dead in the water.

That depends a lot on the revenue at the end of the season though. What is hurting us now is last season's big loss in combination with lots of "unplanned" amortisations. Fact is club has reduced wages A LOT, Leo and Griezmann alone save a lot. Even without CL knockouts revenue should go up because of match days at Camp Nou. Current wages are at 85% of LAST years revenue, but for the upcoming summer the revenue at the end of the season will be the deciding figure. IF there is no loss as result of the accounting year, that stupid 1/4 rule won't be applied anymore and club's salary cap again should be 70% of the revenue. Laporta and Reverter did their job, cut the big losses last summer and I believe this will help a lot coming summer. No one can project what the revenue will be, but if there is no loss (of course a big if) at the end of the season, Barca will even be able to afford a Haaland in the salary cap. If it is feasible with all of the surrounding costs (release clause, Raiola, Haaland father) stands on another piece of paper.

Even selling Barca corporate won't help much now, as registering Torres is a problem of masa salarial (wages + amortisations) and not of current income.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Salary cap + La Liga bureaucracy is the worst. Fully agree there! But The agreement has already been made official, so if we are unable to register him in January, it would prove that the board made a decision dependent on other events materializing in order for the player to be registered in January. That?s some Russian roulette right there.

Salary cap makes no sense either. If Messi is out and you want to replace him(short period), it's basically impossible because his wages. More salary cap should be opened if players/players are injured. I doubt that's the case with LaLiga rules.

delancey

Salary cap makes no sense either. If Messi is out and you want to replace him(short period), it's basically impossible because his wages. More salary cap should be opened if players/players are injured. I doubt that's the case with LaLiga rules.
Exactly! What I can?t understand is why the salary cap is being fully enforced in the middle of a pandemic. Tebas plan is to suffocate us until we sign his shitty CVC deal.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly! What I can?t understand is why the salary cap is being fully enforced in the middle of a pandemic. Tebas plan is to suffocate us until we sign his shitty CVC deal.

Ego and power struggle I think. Laporta always thought Tebas would bend because it makes zero sense to lose Messi for LaLiga, but.. Tebas ego got hurt and he stick it to Laporta and Barca.

Very stupid from Tebas though. The value of LaLiga ain't the same without Messi. In the end he just hurt himself because the ego and power over Laporta.

I think Laporta did the right thing(believing he could sign Messi). He couldn't know Tebas is idiot enough to do this. Hurt LaLiga short and long-term with his idiot deals.

Tebas destroying LaLiga singlehandedly.

Last edited:

delancey

Ego and power struggle I think. Laporta always thought Tebas would bend because it makes zero sense to lose Messi for LaLiga, but.. Tebas ego got hurt and he stick it to Laporta and Barca.

Very stupid from Tebas though. The value of LaLiga ain't the same without Messi. In the end he just hurt himself because the ego and power over Laporta.

I think Laporta did the right thing(believing he could sign Messi). He couldn't know Tebas is idiot enough to do this. Hurt LaLiga short and long-term with his idiot deals.

Tebas destroying LaLiga singlehandedly.
Agreed! Ego and power! Do you think Tebas will get re-elected?

Home of Barca Fans