7 - Ferran Torres

mc_lovin

If it's BS it's worse. Even though that would be pretty embarrassing that means we don't have to cope with the way bigger embarrassment and legal trouble of not registering him.

Now if we don't make any exits this window we will be forced to sign CVC, sell Barca Studios or some other financially irresponsible thing to register him.

It's primarily between club and player. No idea what the board told him in case they can't register him. But we aren't really there yet. We still have some nuclear options as well (apart from CVC etc pp).

Andresito

Staff member
They wouldn't have made such a big signing if they wouldn't be confident of registering him. Give it a week.

Mateka

"The reality is that when we signed Ferran we knew we had no salary to register him just yet," Barca's director of football Mateu Alemany said.

We assume we can and we have been working on various ways in which to do this.
"We are convinced that we will achieve it before Sunday [when Barcelona play Granada]."
MEN

JamDav1982

"The reality is that when we signed Ferran we knew we had no salary to register him just yet," Barca's director of football Mateu Alemany said.

We assume we can and we have been working on various ways in which to do this.
"We are convinced that we will achieve it before Sunday [when Barcelona play Granada]."
MEN

Old news and has covid now anyway.

Andresito

Staff member
Would assume that at least some clubs have called about our players.

It'd be inredibly stupid to go into January without having had a single offer for any player and just sit tight by the phone waiting and hoping we can register Ferran.

delancey

Step 1. Ensure the needed salary funds
Step 2. Sign the player
Step 3. Register and present the player.

Logical order of operations. Imagine if no-one leaves. 🤣

mc_lovin

Step 1. Ensure the needed salary funds
Step 2. Sign the player
Step 3. Register and present the player.

Logical order of operations. Imagine if no-one leaves. ��

I don't think we should have stalled the deal. It gives much more clarity this way. I can't imagine Ferran/City would have enjoyed being in limbo either. Anyway, no damage has been done yet. Wait until the end of the month before getting the pitchforks out.

delancey

I don't think we should have stalled the deal. It gives much more clarity this way. I can't imagine Ferran/City would have enjoyed being in limbo either. Anyway, no damage has been done yet. Wait until the end of the month before getting the pitchforks out.

I?m poking fun at the situation. I cannot imagine a deal of this magnitude being sanctioned without certainty of being able to register Torres! Then again, I wouldn?t be entirely shocked either if we aren?t able to move enough deadwood to be able to meet the salary cap regulations... on time.

mc_lovin

I?m poking fun at the situation. I cannot imagine a deal of this magnitude being sanctioned without certainty of being able to register Torres! Then again, I wouldn?t be entirely shocked either if we aren?t able to move enough deadwood to be able to meet the salary cap regulations... on time.

I mean Alemany straight out said this :S

khaled_a_d

How about some critical thinking? This is one of the rare cases (not really rare in football to be fair), where when it sounds like BS it probably is.

If it is true, it is actually brilliant.
We are covering all basis, sealed the deal either now or next summer.
Not sure what is the embarrassment here.

And folks need to relax, we won't sign CVC for F.Torres. :lol:

delancey

If it is true, it is actually brilliant.
We are covering all basis, sealed the deal either now or next summer.
Not sure what is the embarrassment here.

And folks need to relax, we won't sign CVC for F.Torres. :lol:

It would be an embarrassment if we signed a player for 55m + 10m in variables without being able to register and play him until August.

delancey

I mean Alemany straight out said this :S

They must have been fairly optimistic of at least one high salaried player leaving before sanctioning the deal for Torres. The consequence of uncertainty here would be Ferran potentially sitting on the bench until August. Jeez!

Messi983

They must have been fairly optimistic of at least one high salaried player leaving before sanctioning the deal for Torres. The consequence of uncertainty here would be Ferran potentially sitting on the bench until August. Jeez!

They've thought Dembele will renew.

Home of Barca Fans