7 - Ferran Torres

Messigician

The signing of Torres was delayed because Bartomeu had refused to pay City 1.5m owed to them regarding Denis Suarez"

And people try to claim Bartomeu isn't financially responsible

Andresito

Staff member
Ferran was a good option. But one competing with Foden, Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling, Grealish on the wing which made him 6 th option.

At 9 he was much higher up the list. Arguably either Foden or Garcia.

KDB is a good false 9. Some discussion that Silva is not as good when KDB is in the team. So KDB false 9, then play Silva and Gundogan as two 10s.

I prefer Garcia as a 9. That for me is his best position and at City would have got him the most games.

I wish him well.

Who's Garcia?

JamDav1982

rare? he already took two big Ls on the likes of Garcia and Depay.

he played the same tune before those two were transferred also.

Not at all.

Both have been signings club were correct to make.

You wanted Depay remember chief.

But yes like everyone I have Ls on players rate at times. No doubt.

I would argue your 'Aguero is a logical signing' was the biggest L but each to their own.

Depay for example been light years more effective signing than your man Aguero.

Last edited:

malvolio

Not at all.

Both have been signings club were correct to make.

You wanted Depay remember chief.

But yes like everyone I have Ls on players rate at times. No doubt.

I would argue your 'Aguero is a logical signing' was the biggest L but each to their own.

Depay for example been light years more effective signing than your man Aguero.

let's say garcia was a smaller L as you didn't shill him that strongly, compared to depay.

aguero was a logical signing, only decent known striker available was giroud. can't fault the club for preferring aguero over him.

not my fault aguero nearly died on the pitch, of an affliction he had no history of.

but i'll take the L on aguero, if you man up and take the Ls on depay and garcia.

JamDav1982

let's say garcia was a smaller L as you didn't shill him that strongly, compared to depay.

aguero was a logical signing, only decent known striker available was giroud. can't fault the club for preferring aguero over him.

not my fault aguero nearly died on the pitch, of an affliction he had no history of.

but i'll take the L on aguero, if that makes believe you don't have Ls on depay and garcia.

Nah Garcia I said is good signing as improves squad no L there as still think was correct signing.

Depay Free and improves squad and can sell on in future... again all in reading go back. No L there either as if go back still should sign him.

You wanted club to sign Depay. Simple fact.

You argued for Aguero being logical... biggest L of the lot.

Silly argument for you to start here really.

malvolio

Nah Garcia I said is good signing as improves squad no L there as still think was correct signing.

Depay Free and improves squad and can sell on in future... again all in reading go back. No L there either as if go back still should sign him.

You wanted club to sign Depay. Simple fact.

You argued for Aguero being logical... biggest L of the lot.

Silly argument for you to start here really.

why? everyone figured out by now that depay is a fraud. even you are mopping the floor with him on a weekly basis.

garcia is decent, for current barca level. but you were acting as if the guy will be best CB in barca, which he isn't.

depay, i can't say that i wanted him that much. was kind of meh for me, but agreed on opportunity to bring him for free.

aguero biggest flop(if you can call it that, when the guy didn't even play)? probably. but that doesn't make depay less of a L for you.

you seem more intent in dodging the L by pointing mine with aguero.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Aguero scored in Clasico and hardly played. Our best player. Sadly injured.

I wouldn't call him flop. If he stayed here for 2-3 years, yes then I would. He barely had any time.

JamDav1982

why? everyone figured out by now that depay is a fraud. even you are mopping the floor with him on a weekly basis.

garcia is decent, for current barca level. but you were acting as if the guy will be best CB in barca, which he isn't.

depay, i can't say that i wanted him that much. was kind of meh for me, but agreed on opportunity to bring him for free.

aguero biggest flop? probably. but that doesn't make depay less of a L for you.

you seem more intent in dodging the L by pointing mine with aguero.

Nah Depay still improves the squad and were correct to sign him.. part of that being as can sell on also. That was always argument and remains.

Garcia the argument was always better than likes of Mingueza and as good as Lenglet now which allows Barca potentially to sell likes of him and raise funds.. again been good signing and improved squad.

Depay you said Barca should sign him when asked.

Aguero was done, his knee was fucked and wouldnt you know he was out for months as soon as signed. Then his heart condition causes further issues a condition he was known to have but had never impacted him much.

Aguero was by far worst of those three and was most illogical.

Well spotted.. yes I am saying neither Depay or Garcia were Ls and Aguero was. Time has proven that.

On the ball today you!

Silly argument to bring up for you though as I said.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Agueros knee was fucked and he could barely run. Watch him for City or for Argentina in Copa America. Absolute shadow of himself but could still finish to be fair. Bit like watching fat Maradona play and waddled about but could still pass.

Him being injured for months early in season was predictable and would most likely have happened again and again throughout his stay in mid thirties.

Was known to have a heart issue years ago and unfortunate to stop him maybe but he was never a logical signing when legs were gone in an already old team.

Sign old players that were never athletic and have degenerating knee issues and dont be surprised when get little back.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Pique was also a back up CB at strong side, and even if we
had paid 55M for him he would have been success.
Torres is a gamble, and comes with risk for sure but that doesn't mean he us bad signing.
You simply has to take this type if gambles in football

Home of Barca Fans