7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

FCB1987

Banned
Reality is, whistling isnt beneficial in any way. Players know when they play shit or not. Whistling will just create more pressure.

Never underestimate a narcissist's capacity for self delusion. Judging by Coutinho's celebration against United, it looks like he definitely doesn't know.

Arizona Scott

Never underestimate a narcissist's capacity for self delusion. Judging by Coutinho's celebration against United, it looks like he definitely doesn't know.
That was a huge goal vs united. And he has been a solid player for us for months now for those paying attention to his link up play with messi and suarez.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Reality is, whistling isnt beneficial in any way. Players know when they play shit or not. Whistling will just create more pressure.

To be fair tho SOMETIMES the crowd is right towards what they see .. Coutinho has his moments but overall he just didn’t necessarily show up. The crowd has partial truth just how they whistled towards Alexis few years ago. Maybe coutinho isn’t mentally strong enough to handle petty criticism...but in reality towards the overall season coutinho hasn’t really lived up to the hype

Alik

He did well in the first half, connecting very well with his teammates.

Although in the second-half, the Camp Nou kind of lost their patience with him.

underoath

Banned
He did well in the first half, connecting very well with his teammates.

Although in the second-half, the Camp Nou kind of lost their patience with him.

I think those are Liverpool fans and maybe few Barca :lol: i rewatch the game barely hear whistles or maybe they're cheering because he's being sub :lol:

BBZ8800

Not perfect, but in this moment I would rather keep him than let him go and buy no one.

Coutinho is not perfect, but can offer some things and we are on a verge of reaching a CL final with him as a starter, so he can't be that bad.
Dembele, also has a lot of good sides and lots of huge flaws.
Each of them can offer some things under different circumstances.

Imagine if we sell him and play a CL semis in the next season.
With Dembele, you never know. If he'll be in his form=fine.
If he will be injured, raw after injury or his disconnected and poor form self, he is almost unplayable.
Then the only option is Malcom, who is still quite questionable for the highest level.

So, if we don't buy a new winger, I would keep Cou.
I just can't rely ONLY on Dembele, on his injuries, slow time to getting back into rhythm and his decisions making.

malvolio

To be fair tho SOMETIMES the crowd is right towards what they see .. Coutinho has his moments but overall he just didn’t necessarily show up. The crowd has partial truth just how they whistled towards Alexis few years ago. Maybe coutinho isn’t mentally strong enough to handle petty criticism...but in reality towards the overall season coutinho hasn’t really lived up to the hype

sure they have a point in whistling him. it's just that the moment wasn't right. in the CL margins are very small and ties can change in the blink of an eye, so having a positive mindset and backing the team no matter what should be mandatory. they can boo him all they want after we complete the treble, no need to have jaded individuals in the dressing room as it might also upset other players(see messi's comments after the game).

also there are some things unknown to us that watch the game from the outside. as we see in suarez a donkey that can deliver brilliance from time to time, messi and co might see an invaluable colleague and friend.

Last edited:

God Serena

He really didn't help his case with the whistling by disrespecting the fans at home because he managed to score a single goal, right before promptly going back to being utter shit.

God Serena

That was a huge goal vs united. And he has been a solid player for us for months now for those paying attention to his link up play with messi and suarez.

Huge? Your definition of huge must be very different from mine. Scoring a single goal, no matter how well taken it was, against a United side that doesn't even want to play football anymore because the score is 3-0 and they know they're already eliminated, isn't huge. Not to mention, United is probably the worst team we've played in a CL knockout round since Bayer Leverkusen. The fact that he took that moment to intentionally antagonize the fans just so he could return to being the Coutinho that was rightfully criticized immediately after is good enough reason to whistle this clown.

Arizona Scott

Huge? Your definition of huge must be very different from mine. Scoring a single goal, no matter how well taken it was, against a United side that doesn't even want to play football anymore because the score is 3-0 and they know they're already eliminated, isn't huge. Not to mention, United is probably the worst team we've played in a CL knockout round since Bayer Leverkusen. The fact that he took that moment to intentionally antagonize the fans just so he could return to being the Coutinho that was rightfully criticized immediately after is good enough reason to whistle this clown.

The goal was a dagger in a quarterfinal CL tie, and was spectacular at that. Yes I would call it huge.

Arizona Scott

Not perfect, but in this moment I would rather keep him than let him go and buy no one.

Coutinho is not perfect, but can offer some things and we are on a verge of reaching a CL final with him as a starter, so he can't be that bad.
Dembele, also has a lot of good sides and lots of huge flaws.
Each of them can offer some things under different circumstances.

Imagine if we sell him and play a CL semis in the next season.
With Dembele, you never know. If he'll be in his form=fine.
If he will be injured, raw after injury or his disconnected and poor form self, he is almost unplayable.
Then the only option is Malcom, who is still quite questionable for the highest level.

So, if we don't buy a new winger, I would keep Cou.
I just can't rely ONLY on Dembele, on his injuries, slow time to getting back into rhythm and his decisions making.

I mostly agree with everything here. Coutinho is far more productive and competent than most here admit, it just doesn't stack up with 160mil worth nor does stack up with a fit and in form Dembele. Conveintely forgotten is a fit and in form Demeble is a rarity.

However I do think it would be better for the team to sell Coutinho and acquire Griezmann if the net is just a slight expenditure in more wages and the additional fee cost in the 30 mil range. In fact we could sell both PC and Malcom to get Griezmann and pocket the rest for a future move, or use it for a prospect we don't expect anything from for a couple years. Fine selling Coutinho for Jovic or perhaps Werner, or try to get Son or Kane, thus would be OK to me. Essentially if we bring in another forward to impact our squad right away I am fine with selling him, but not for a pure prospect banging in goals in a 3 step inferior league like Felix, nor someone like Rashford who really doesn't have all that an impressive goal conversion ratio at any level.

Joan

59305770_2476978312327022_6301596396311019520_n.jpg

Sweet move by Messi.

Shoud boost his confidence.

Home of Barca Fans