7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

jairzinho

I mostly agree with everything here. Coutinho is far more productive and competent than most here admit, it just doesn't stack up with 160mil worth nor does stack up with a fit and in form Dembele. Conveintely forgotten is a fit and in form Demeble is a rarity.

However I do think it would be better for the team to sell Coutinho and acquire Griezmann if the net is just a slight expenditure in more wages and the additional fee cost in the 30 mil range. In fact we could sell both PC and Malcom to get Griezmann and pocket the rest for a future move, or use it for a prospect we don't expect anything from for a couple years. Fine selling Coutinho for Jovic or perhaps Werner, or try to get Son or Kane, thus would be OK to me. Essentially if we bring in another forward to impact our squad right away I am fine with selling him, but not for a pure prospect banging in goals in a 3 step inferior league like Felix, nor someone like Rashford who really doesn't have all that an impressive goal conversion ratio at any level.

I think we should avoid Griezmann at all costs and focus on a CF like Jovic. Griezmann loves to float around in between the lines and occupy the same space as Messi.

kilian

Whistling a player in a game like this is extremely retarded and won`t help the player nor the team. I agree Coutinho is having a mediocre season, but it`s the semifinals of the fucking CL which we all dream of because of the shit shows in the last years. You don`t whistle your player after a few bad moves in a game like that. You fucking support him.

We had a number of crap moves by the board and bad games from the whole team in the recent years, and the crowd was silent as shit. And now in the semifinals while we`re winning, they decide to whistle. Idiotic move.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nah, I was at the stadium :p. Barça fans were whistling him.

News to me, I was there and we cheered in our section and if there were whistles it was drowned out by the cheers. Of course, Semedo got a big applause but that was more likely because Roberto was getting battered out there by Sadio

BBZ8800

I think we should avoid Griezmann at all costs and focus on a CF like Jovic. Griezmann loves to float around in between the lines and occupy the same space as Messi.

Imagine if we sell Coutinho and buy Jovic.
And then we would play Dembele-Suarez-Messi as starters.

Dembele will play good for 3 Months, he will be injured for 3 Months, rusty after injury for 3 Months and totally out of form for another 3 Months.
That is his classical season.

So, during 9 Months when Dembele will be injured or out of form, our only winger will be Malcom who is probably a squad level.

So, with selling Cou and not buying a new winger, we are relying only on Dembele, who is the most unpredictable player whom we had in the last 20 years.

I would sell Cou only for Griezmann or some true winger. Not Felix in this moment, for example.

With selling Cou, our team would be severly weakened.

Vilarrubi

Imagine if we sell Coutinho and buy Jovic.
And then we would play Dembele-Suarez-Messi as starters.

Dembele will play good for 3 Months, he will be injured for 3 Months, rusty after injury for 3 Months and totally out of form for another 3 Months.
That is his classical season.

So, during 9 Months when Dembele will be injured or out of form, our only winger will be Malcom who is probably a squad level.

So, with selling Cou and not buying a new winger, we are relying only on Dembele, who is the most unpredictable player whom we had in the last 20 years.

I would sell Cou only for Griezmann or some true winger. Not Felix in this moment, for example.

With selling Cou, our team would be severly weakened.

Also Messi isn’t a true winger either, far from it. So we’d only have Dembele as a true winger.

I’m against Jovic and Felix too, would take Griezmann because he is truly world class and could play in that left sided role and in the centre.

Laplacian

Hopefully we ship off this summer. Would love to get an intelligent winger like Sancho but he's probably too expensive because Dortmund's too stingy. I'd be happy with Sane considering he knows how to move off the ball and can control the ball in tight spaces.

Neymessi

I wouldn't sell him. It's apparent he has the talent and just not finding his feet. EV making him play out of position at LW competing with Dembele doesn't help either.

Joan

Easy to say he's played out of his natural position. But: i) He's not a pure left winger for Barca, more of an inside left. In addition, he's got Alba on his side who usually takes care of width allowing him to occupy half space. ii) That's the role he's been playing his whole career bar few months in his last season with Liverpool (and certain international matches, WC). One more thing: iii) it's not like we didn't try playing him as a pure no. 8, but caused insufferable problems for our defense, Barca stabilized once Arthur took Coutinho's place in the midfield.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Easy to say he's played out of his natural position. But: i) He's not a pure left winger for Barca, more of an inside left. In addition, he's got Alba on his side who usually takes care of width allowing him to occupy half space. ii) That's the role he's been playing his whole career bar few months in his last season with Liverpool (and certain international matches, WC). One more thing: iii) it's not like we didn't try playing him as a pure no. 8, but caused insufferable problems for our defense, Barca stabilized once Arthur took Coutinho's place in the midfield.

Agree.

The team lacks explosiveness when he plays there and he doesnt really fit anywhere else. We could potentially change formation however that doesn't really solve the problem either as we'd rather have Messi in the 10 role (assuming 442/4231 hybrid).

The only hope (if we do not sell) is that we will have a more mobile midfield next year with FDJ and Arthur so he might be able to occupy the most advanced CM position, personally i don't see this being viable due to the lack of tactical awareness and stamina.

I think we can all agree that it's probably best for the club to sell him for a decent fee and bring in a proper LW option.

Regardless of what happens with him, we need a striker first and foremost.

Ursegor

World Champion
Unlike Dembélé, this is the best he can do ability-wise. So I can't be mad at him for not being good enough. He tries. Paying € 160M on him isn't his fault.

Being a luxury player who occasionally scored a Robben goal was always what he was.

Maxim4

it's a day that suffers from a back problem.
If Barca receives 90 million euros for its sale, so much the better if it is a big waste of money. he has trouble playing for 60 minutes, he can not defend, he can not run.
his only technique, dribble and try a powerful shot to hope to score a goal

vuji_31

Ok , we sell Coutinho and want to buy new LW or ST.World class who can put great perfoamnce from the first moment.

Griezmman lets say is not option.Who would you buy?
I can bet there will be a lot of Willian rumors whole summer.
Except him who is our option?

Home of Barca Fans