7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Zincubus

Banned
Neither Coutinho or Firmino are good enough for Barca.

Coutinho's inconsistency irks me because of his talent and potential world class talent however when he produces those moments of magic it's quite breathtaking and you forge his inconsistencies. But needs to be more consistent.

Coutinho certainly has the ability and Firmino has improved dramatically over the last few months !

Liverpool are basically a three man team ( three class players anyhow ) Coutinho / Firmino / Cann .

Falcao

Brilliant dive as well. Alderweireld wasn't impressed though.

32C7342500000578-0-image-m-2_1459626786770.jpg

Zincubus

Banned
Anyone watching Liverpool v Everton ?

Coutinho is running the game ( as usual ) and has played numerous passes already that our own midfield ( this season ) could only dream about !

Lomar1o

Anyone watching Liverpool v Everton ?

Coutinho is running the game ( as usual ) and has played numerous passes already that our own midfield ( this season ) could only dream about !

THANK YOU. only a few people have been saying this for a long time, including me, but NOOO for some he is too inconsistent, and for some we dont even need a creative attacking mid, we need a xavi-esque mid apparently. well we need BOTH but when MSN aint ticking no one scores or creates, that's why we need coutinho to help MSN become even more ruthless.

#teamcoutinho

gasgas

THANK YOU. only a few people have been saying this for a long time, including me, but NOOO for some he is too inconsistent, and for some we dont even need a creative attacking mid, we need a xavi-esque mid apparently. well we need BOTH but when MSN aint ticking no one scores or creates, that's why we need coutinho to help MSN become even more ruthless.

#teamcoutinho

So you say we need him for the bench to play in the 5 matches a season when msn aintclicking.

And truth is we already have too many CAMs while we dont even play that position: arda, rafinha, halilovic, suarez even rakitic is more comfortable at CAM though he's just as good at CM
The last thing we need is another CAM especially now that we're bringing denis back

Lomar1o

So you say we need him for the bench to play in the 5 matches a season when msn aintclicking.

And truth is we already have too many CAMs while we dont even play that position: arda, rafinha, halilovic, suarez even rakitic is more comfortable at CAM though he's just as good at CM
The last thing we need is another CAM especially now that we're bringing denis back

yeah sure, cams. the truth is only iniesta fills those shoes and plays as a CAM but even then he isn't really that attacking or creative anymore. assists, chances created, goals aren't the stats iniesta can brag about. in short he is supposed to be a CAM but plays like a CM. we do NOT have a cam. halilovic's future isn't even decided, he might be loaned again somewhere else, and he definitely won't be joining us this summer. arda, rakitic, rafinha, seriously? they are all played as CMs here. the only real option we have left is Denis Suarez and that is IF we bring him back. so if i were to compare denis suarez with coutinho i'd pick the brazilian in a heartbeat. we need a cb and a cam. then rb, lb, fw backups.

Jombi

Its too late to think about Coutinho. That train passed. We need to buy before they are signed by PSG and English clubs. We need to buy from Udinese, Gladbach, Benfica, Villarreal, Leverkusen etc.

Dahoud from Gladbach seems like a player we should sign up now and loan him out for a season before integrating him into the team. He has that Barca DNA.

gasgas

He doesnt fit our system at all
We dont play with a CAM,
We play 2 CMs who can defend and deliver the ball toMSN
Coutinho is none of that.

May be he can be Neymar backup,
Thats the only way for him

Buying a player who doesnt fit for 40+ M is pure madness

He is just like cesc, arda, a good player who doesnt fit.

Gladly we are not after him

utility73

Both are playing at the top of their game right now. But Coutinho strikes me as beging the more consistent type.

Home of Barca Fans