7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Yannik

But atleast Verratti can control a midfield.
And that's one midget
Compare that to the four midgets.

Yeah I know, was just pointing out that this forum goes gorillas for any 5'6" midget that can dribble with the ball without considering that a whole squad or just midfield might end up getting bullied like crazy.
Ever played football at kids level and face an opponent where all kids are a foot taller? That shit ain't fun.

Raketa10

Yeah I know, was just pointing out that this forum goes gorillas for any 5'6" midget that can dribble with the ball without considering that a whole squad or just midfield might end up getting bullied like crazy.
Ever played football at kids level and face an opponent where all kids are a foot taller? That shit ain't fun.

We already had "midget" team (Messi, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta...) and we were doing fine but I agree hight balance would be better.

That said Coutinho can maybe try to replace Iniesta. If we buy him he will not be playing RW for sure but I would prefer Verratti over him any day. If we buy Coutinho, Arda and one of young duo (Rafinha or Denis) will have to go.

Regarding Dybala I think he still needs to improve...he is playing hot and cold, he still has no consistency.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
We already had "midget" team (Messi, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta...) and we were doing fine but I agree hight balance would be better.

That said Coutinho can maybe try to replace Iniesta. If we buy him he will not be playing RW for sure but I would prefer Verratti over him any day. If we buy Coutinho, Arda and one of young duo (Rafinha or Denis) will have to go.

Regarding Dybala I think he still needs to improve...he is playing hot and cold, he still has no consistency.

We have Gomes for midfield as well , him and Coutinho plus one other NOT Rakitic .... Busqs if he can get his form back

gasgas

:lol:
Guys here think Coutinho fits our CM role
Iniesta replacement :lol:

You'd think all Iniesta does in matches is dribble and score long range goals :facepalm:

That's not what a Barca CM role entails

BarçaBarça

[MENTION=18534]mark1nhu[/MENTION] [MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]barca Point is
We don't need either of them

We need a guy who can hold a midfield so that MSN can do what they do best..... score goals

Both Coutinho and Dybala will throw our system of balance.

Because we need a CM and not a fourth attacker

I would like a CM other than Coutinho, mostly because of his PL-pricetag. But it is hard to find available CM's with a Iniesta-like profile, who is realistic.
Who is out there? Gundogan is gone (bummer), and Thiago, as I said, would fit the profile, but he is unavailable and I think Koke will stay at ATM (but maybe if Simeone leaves?). That is the three best candidates, imo, if we don't talk about youngsters.
Right now I hope that Denis will prove that he is the one worth counting on.

Tiny Kim

:lol:
Guys here think Coutinho fits our CM role
Iniesta replacement :lol:

You'd think all Iniesta does in matches is dribble and score long range goals :facepalm:

That's not what a Barca CM role entails

Not saying Coutinho is on Iniesta's level, not even close. But if you think all Coutinho does is dribble and take long shots, you've not seen Coutinho play at all.

vlad

with young player who come this season in midfield, like denis and gomes, rakitic is still young, busi also, i dont see need for coutinho, who will be expensive player, i mean, he is a very good player, but every season is hype about another players, 2 seasons ago, we were reading same things about hazard, last season about pogba, now coutinho and dybala.

You just cant pick up every good player out there, its galactico politics and there are also other rich clubs.

Tiny Kim

Whether Barca needs him or not is debatable, and I understand the appeal of playing for Barca or Madrid for most South American players and I'm sure Coutinho is no exception. But IMO, it will be much better for his career if he doesn't leave Liverpool, at least not now when the future is looking much brighter for the club.

gasgas

[MENTION=19768]Tiny Kim[/MENTION]

Let's assume I have never seen him play.

Apart from dribble, long shot, and final passes (things which are quite good but not exactly primary things we look for in a CM, may be a bit of final passes)

What CM things does he excel in?

gasgas

I would like a CM other than Coutinho, mostly because of his PL-pricetag. But it is hard to find available CM's with a Iniesta-like profile, who is realistic.
Who is out there? Gundogan is gone (bummer), and Thiago, as I said, would fit the profile, but he is unavailable and I think Koke will stay at ATM (but maybe if Simeone leaves?). That is the three best candidates, imo, if we don't talk about youngsters.
Right now I hope that Denis will prove that he is the one worth counting on.

Coutinho is not a CM

And for this reason we keep buying players, play them in wrong roles.

They underperform and sell them for cheap

Mitchell1978

Coutinho is not a CM

And for this reason we keep buying players, play them in wrong roles.

They underperform and sell them for cheap

Some people just want a new 'toy' every year doesn't matter if he fits.
We have MSN and he isn't even close to being as good so Barça don't need him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Agree with gasgas, we need a CM, not anther AM as we have plenty of them already. We don't need him, as good as he is.

Co0ter

Agree with gasgas, we need a CM, not anther AM as we have plenty of them already. We don't need him, as good as he is.

I don't even consider Gomes or Arda, all 80mil of them, to even be considered AM. They don't have pace or are good finishers. Arda is a good dribbler but Gomes isn't even. Gomes seems to be smarter though and understand the role better than Arda already. The only true AM is Rafinha and Coutinho is much, much better. Smartly signing him and CM, should of been Ilkay, and wed be in amazing shape. Denis was a great buy for 3mil buy and is the only other AM/winger.

Tiny Kim

[MENTION=19768]Tiny Kim[/MENTION]

Let's assume I have never seen him play.

Apart from dribble, long shot, and final passes (things which are quite good but not exactly primary things we look for in a CM, may be a bit of final passes)

What CM things does he excel in?

Vision, ball retention, hustle, short & long passes, energy, pressing, creativity, flair, etc. You can do your own research if you want, but i doubt you will. So lets just agree that neither of us want Coutinho at Barca - you, for some insane notion that Coutinho has to be better than Iniesta for Barca to require his services, and me, because I don't want him leaving the PL.

Home of Barca Fans