7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

mark1nhu

We can always play with a triangle midfield (double pivot + CAM) and keep MSN untouched.

Our current midfield isn't working anyway and Busquets apparently cannot handle the pressure by himself anymore.

Two great CDM/CM as pivots, giving the ball to Messi, Neymar and Iniesta/Coutinho as soon as possible, than these 3 doing their magic and delivering for Suarez.

Not that bad, theoretically.

Yannik

The midgety team

Don't fancy how we'll look when counterattacked or when defending a corner kick

don't you forget Verratti in midfield. I guess future Barca will rely solely on 5'11" Umtiti at corners and freekicks.

gasgas

don't you forget Verratti in midfield. I guess future Barca will rely solely on 5'11" Umtiti at corners and freekicks.

But atleast Verratti can control a midfield.
And that's one midget
Compare that to the four midgets listed

We can always play with a triangle midfield (double pivot + CAM) and keep MSN untouched.

Our current midfield isn't working anyway and Busquets apparently cannot handle the pressure by himself anymore.

Two great CDM/CM as pivots, giving the ball to Messi, Neymar and Iniesta/Coutinho as soon as possible, than these 3 doing their magic and delivering for Suarez.

Not that bad, theoretically.

Double pivot :thinking:

Let's see how Barca fans take that

In that case I also think it's better getting Dybala instead of Coutinho.

Cause Dybala can play RW cause Messi goes centrally.

Coutinho at RW...... meh :puke:

PhilS

If Lucho would rotate MSN, or start Messi in midfield, then acquiring Coutinho could put this team over the hump. But I think MSN will all continue to play very close to 100% of the time, no matter what alternatives are available. So, 4th forward for Barca will continue to be a job for someone below world class for the foreseeable future. Coutinho would be stupid to come to Barca unless one of MSN would leave. And they are not leaving.

BarçaBarça

I like him, and his profile is a fine fit for us, imo. The question is if he is worth the price - I think we have to pay mad money to get him, and just how many millions more is it worth to pay, to get a player 2 years older than Denis, with the same profile. I guess we know more after this season with regards to Denis' potential, but it might be a bit too early to be deadsure that the midfield needs reinforcements. And I would actually still prefer Thiago - he would be ideal in terms of skills and profile, but I know the history makes it nearly impossible.

Mitchell1978

Such a great player--underrated, too. Would fit us well; I'd love to have him. Imagine having both him and Dybala--together with Neymar, we'd be set for the next half-decade (as Messi drops to a deeper role).

Never gonna happen, Messi isn't going to become a central midfielder and all those players aren't going to come to Barcelona.

Zincubus

Banned
I like him, and his profile is a fine fit for us, imo. The question is if he is worth the price - I think we have to pay mad money to get him, and just how many millions more is it worth to pay, to get a player 2 years older than Denis, with the same profile. I guess we know more after this season with regards to Denis' potential, but it might be a bit too early to be deadsure that the midfield needs reinforcements. And I would actually still prefer Thiago - he would be ideal in terms of skills and profile, but I know the history makes it nearly impossible.

I'd pay the money to get Coutinho no problem . They're talking about £65 million so well over 100million Euros apparently .

mark1nhu

But atleast Verratti can control a midfield.
And that's one midget
Compare that to the four midgets listed

Double pivot :thinking:

Let's see how Barca fans take that

In that case I also think it's better getting Dybala instead of Coutinho.

Cause Dybala can play RW cause Messi goes centrally.

Coutinho at RW...... meh :puke:

I honestly don't want Messi in the center, at least not for now.

Also, Dybala is not midfield creator like Coutinho, at least not the same level.

I would love Dybala, but I can only see him on Messi and Suarez positions.

BarçaBarça

I honestly don't want Messi in the center, at least not for now.

Also, Dybala is not midfield creator like Coutinho, at least not the same level.

I would love Dybala, but I can only see him on Messi and Suarez positions.

I agree - we want Messi with as few defensive duties as possible, and putting him in midfield with Dybala up top would be way too attacking-minded.
Right now I would prefer that we saves money for a Dybala/Dembele/Who-ever-looks-like-he-can-replace-Suarez, when times comes, rather than splash on Coutinho. I'm not sure we can afford 65 M.+ on him now, and 80 M.+ on a new attacker in the nearer future.

gasgas

[MENTION=18534]mark1nhu[/MENTION] [MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]barca Point is
We don't need either of them

We need a guy who can hold a midfield so that MSN can do what they do best..... score goals

Both Coutinho and Dybala will throw our system of balance.

Because we need a CM and not a fourth attacker

Caramel

He should stay in Liverpool. Klopp helped him improve under his system. I honestly think Klopp is the best manager around atm. If we can't keep Lucho because he's had it with the ungratefulness of fans i wouldn't mind getting Klopp and then Coutinho otherwise he really shouldn't leave Liverpool for his sake.

Are we really even in the run for him? Or is that just media bullshit? Because i saw conflicting reports.

Mitchell1978

Well he will have to move back eventually , maybe better sooner rather than later .

What are you talking about? Messi has never been a central midfielder doesn't have the workrate for that. He's always played as a forward or a nr 10 (or a hybrid between the 2), i doubt that will ever change certainly not to accomodate lesser players.

Home of Barca Fans