7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Messi983

I don't want to get into discussions about whether the club saw writings on the wall and should have seen that coming etc., the fact that they had a whole month and they waited this long and only managed to bring in Dembele is inexcusable.

You're forgetting someone, my friend. :paulinho:

Jombi

Then we should just move for Fabinho. He's not a playmaker but he would massively strengthen us, and we need to strengthen our team. 60m euros. What are they waiting for.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
So, before this PSG transfer madness started, tell me honestly.

Who here really feels that Coutinho was a 60 million player? Do you think he was as good as Suarez was at the time he was purchased?

I have a feeling in a seasons time, you might all be happy if this deal never goes through.

I couldn't agree more. This signing is a waste of money. Good player, no doubt, but more suited to Liverpool's way of playing than at Barca. I really do not understand why we are desperately trying to buy another player? Valverde is going to play 4-2-3-1; Dembele takes Neymar's place, and Paulinho comes in to play with Busquets with Semudo in at right back. Therefore we have only one free place in the AM position, that can be filled by players that are already at the club. Iniesta, Gomes, Arda, hell even Rakitic could play there at a push (Sergi Roberto put in a good shift there the other night for example).

STOP WASTING MONEY AND CONCENTRATE ON GETTING THE BEST OUT OF WHAT WE HAVE!!!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Then we should just move for Fabinho. He's not a playmaker but he would massively strengthen us, and we need to strengthen our team. 60m euros. What are they waiting for.

He's not what the team needs. The team needs a backup winger, iniesta replacement and controlling midfielder (assuming the formation is 4-3-3, if it's 4-2-3-1 then only a backup winger and controlling midfielder are needed)

Jombi

He's not what the team needs. The team needs a backup winger, iniesta replacement and controlling midfielder

Forget about garbage Paulinho. Fabinho is a massive player, can play CM, DM and RB, and would significantly strengthen our team. For 60m, we should do it.

clemente

This is just sad... same midfield as last year.. At least Paulinho said in interview that he will cover a lot of ground, good to know he won't be as useless than Arda..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Forget about garbage Paulinho. Fabinho is a massive player, can play CM, DM and RB, and would significantly strengthen our team. For 60m, we should do it.

Already have Roberto for all of that, or do you want to spend big money to force one of the best la masia players in recent times out the club?

Jombi

Already have Roberto for all of that, or do you want to spend big money to force one of the best la masia players in recent times out the club?

Fabino is simply better. Besides, they are so versatile that they could play together in many games as well. For 60m, Fabinho is a steal, and there are few bargains in this market.

Pepe Silvia

Brutal honesty: Roberto is not that good. He is a solid workhorse and decent ball carrier, but he lacks precision final pass and strength. An asset as a squad player, but it's obvious we need more.

Thiago10

Signing a midfielder was by far the most crucial task of this transfer window and somehow Barto managed to fuck that up. What a tool.

Interlop

Worst transfer window! This feels like a beginning to an end. Maybe the board will be removed by January, that's the only positive I could find in this.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Brutal honesty: Roberto is not that good. He is a solid workhorse and decent ball carrier, but he lacks precision final pass and strength. An asset as a squad player, but it's obvious we need more.

He lacks creativity in a midfield begging for it.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Yep, I remember Valverde saying the same, that he likes to drive the ball forward, that's why he has been playing him as CAM and RB so far.

Home of Barca Fans