7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

JamDav1982

Still sounds pretty bad.

MD is reporting that other La Liga clubs are anxious that Barca might trigger release clauses of their players. This would be a nightmare scenario...

Who are they anxious about losing?

There are no great players outside of top three teams. Not midfielders or wide players anyway.

If I was them would be rubbing hands that Barca might over pay out of desperation.

xXKonan

There's a couple of interesting options in La Liga like Trigueros.

but knowing us we will blow 50 million on Parejo and call it a day.

Gordo101

May be, but at least he was a target from the beginning of August. Also has the quality to play for Barcelona.

Sure that sum is too much for Coutinho, but imagine spending 50-60 millions on the likes of Di Maria or Parejo at this moment. It would be even more disastrous than spending 160 on Coutinho. That's what I meant.

That's true I guess, I think it might just be best to ride out this transfer window and see what next year is like. I don't think you could ever consider this transfer window a huge success after losing Neymar, and chucking stupid money at players not 1/2 as good as him isn't the answer.

serghei

They need to go. We needed a playmaker midfielder and they signed Paulinho. And after that they discard Seri as not the right profile. Bunch of idiots.

Can't even realise Messi is not a CAM.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I would have signed seri for such a low price and he si that type of controlling midfielder not currently in the team. People doubt his quality but I believe in him and that profile of player is not in the squad.

Paulinho brings things the midfield doesn't have but I would have got seri too for sure. There's also an iniesta replacement and backup winger needed to complete the squad. The squad is three good players short imo.

Mesimenia

as per English Media (except Ed Aron), we don't made any fourth bid!!! 72m, 80m & 84m (in 5 years & infamous 30 millions add-on). there is no 160m bid!!!!!! :blush:
but if we bid Markovic LFC will let him leave in cheap in the honor of Bartameu :p

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Ideally this would have happened:

--------Busquets/Samper/Roberto/Paulinho
Seri/Paulinho/Roberto---Coutinho/Iniesta/Alena

I would have sold Gomes, Arda, Rafinha and Rakitic and kept Samper.

Devils

[tw]903627572109598720[/tw]

Apparently it was Coutinho or no one. At least Parejo is not coming. :bartomeu:

Looks like that's it for the transfer window folks.

Gordo101

Who are they anxious about losing?

There are no great players outside of top three teams. Not midfielders or wide players anyway.

If I was them would be rubbing hands that Barca might over pay out of desperation.

This. In all honesty, world football definitely seems to be a bit devoid of new talent. I am not convinced on the young french guys yet, Martial was raved about 3 years ago and although decent, he isn't what he was hyped at. I guess time will tell but I definitely don't think we can say there are any Messi/Neymar/Ronaldo-esque talents around at the moment.

Home of Barca Fans