7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Judoman

[tw]903627572109598720[/tw]

Apparently it was Coutinho or no one. At least Parejo is not coming. :bartomeu:

Looks like that's it for the transfer window folks.

I can t say i object to that logic. Coutinho is the only some what realistic option, that would actualy instantly upgrade our midfield. The rest are
just wishful thinking or similar material to what we already have.

jairzinho

Parejo is a complete waste of time. It's insane that he is actually being linked to us. No need for another Gomes type player.

xXKonan

Only good thing to come out of this summer is Dembele and Semedo.

Even I'm shocked we got both of them considering everything has been a mess.

jairzinho

To be honest Benedito timing is perfect. Now is the best possible time to lounch no confidence vote.

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">VAMOS!!! <a href="https://t.co/i2T5bmszoC">pic.twitter.com/i2T5bmszoC</a></p>— Agustí Benedito (@agustibenedito) <a href="https://twitter.com/agustibenedito/status/903573280438804480">September 1, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Happening now. :tito:

Sorin

That's true I guess, I think it might just be best to ride out this transfer window and see what next year is like. I don't think you could ever consider this transfer window a huge success after losing Neymar, and chucking stupid money at players not 1/2 as good as him isn't the answer.

Yes. It's the best option right now.

It would be a good enough window if we would've made our signings by the end of July, regardless of Neymar bolting. Our main concern in the last couple of years has been in the middle of the pitch. What do we do? We stand put waiting for god knows what, only to panic in August when teams know you have a boat load of cash. What decent run club does this? None.

Alas, until these imbeciles, that are managing this club, fuck off, we're going to see this shit over and over again for every summer.

Raketa10

Now let's move on from this thread. Last 350 pages were intensive and stressful. Some posts were comic some were morbid but in the end it was good to be here with you guys! Now lets go back to players section and lets throw that fucker Farto out of Barca so we can extend Messi contract and have much better 2018 transfer window. :barcascarf:

Gordo101

Yes. It's the best option right now.

It would be a good enough window if we would've made our signings by the end of July, regardless of Neymar bolting. Our main concern in the last couple of years has been in the middle of the pitch. What do we do? We stand put waiting for god knows what, only to panic in August when teams know you have a boat load of cash. What decent run club does this? None.

Alas, until these imbeciles, that are managing this club, fuck off, we're going to see this shit over and over again for every summer.

In all fairness, regarding the money, the Board I am sure didn't believe PSG were going to stump up the cash for Neymar's buyout clause, they had no control over everyone knowing they had 300m+ in the bank this window.

I just hope FFP actually works here, there is no way PSG can honestly spend that type of cash. Neymar's wage is actually around 25% of the clubs income. If PSG don't get banned from the champions league for a year it makes a mockery of the entire system, a transfer ban would be useless & limiting their squad size is no where near severe enough.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The celtic part is, the other parts aren't. The Spanish/German/French fixture list is far more accommodating to the top teams compared to the premier league, on top of this the games are more difficult so rotating squads is a lot more dangerous if you want to win the league and do well in the champions league, this isn't just premier league club fans saying this but every manager who experiences the premier league. The premier league definitely has had a dip in quality in the last 5 seasons, which coincided with the downfall of Man United.

Secondly, and I will get a lot of hate for this, the Spanish two (you and RM) have had ALOT of beneficial refereeing decisions over the years. I won't say corruption, but something is definitively and has definitely been wrong with the referees in the champions league for the last 15 years. They have now basically demoted the referee from your champ league semi final against PSG due to his decisions, this isn't the first instance a referee influenced a game like this for Spanish teams.

You may disagree with the above, but the fact the referee has officially been demoted will at least help you understand that something has been up in at least 1 of your champions league campaigns regarding biased officiating. Secondly, from a premier league club fan, its hugely frustrating watching two teams in world football buy all the best players, and then on top of this get additional help from referees to win games.

Edit: On top of this, if you wan't to see how hard the Premier League actually is, look how well Pep is doing while having one of the most expensive squads in the league, he smashed it at Barca and is failing in the league.

The rotation part of the argument is so over rated..... You have to understand that the last three times that Barca has won the Champions League, only once were there good amount of rotations! Pep's first year? Not really! Second year? For all the talk that the youth team played a big role in the success, the majority of them were starters and the players who played the pivotal role in the team winning stuff: Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were never rested!!

The biggest complain about Pep was that he does not sub players off! And Lucho's rotations were loco rotations, so give me a break!!

The reason the English didn't win much was because just that: THEY WERE JACK SHIT AND ALWAYS WILL BE AS LONG AS FANS LIKE YOU BELIEVE THAT THE LEAGUE IS TOUGH AND HENCE THEY ARE NOT WINNING SHIT IN EUROPE AS THEY HAVE TO ACCOMMODATE ACHIEVING SOME THING IN LEAGUE!!

jairzinho

In all fairness, regarding the money, the Board I am sure didn't believe PSG were going to stump up the cash for Neymar's buyout clause, they had no control over everyone knowing they had 300m+ in the bank this window.

I just hope FFP actually works here, there is no way PSG can honestly spend that type of cash. Neymar's wage is actually around 25% of the clubs income. If PSG don't get banned from the champions league for a year it makes a mockery of the entire system, a transfer ban would be useless & limiting their squad size is no where near severe enough.

PSG found a way around FFP by agreeing for Qatar to sign Neymar to a sponsorship deal worth 300m. The money never originated from Paris itself.

Justlittleoldme

I think the problem you had with signing him was you didn't actually make a serious offer. There was never any 4th bid despite rumours.

The last bid of around £120m was for £80m up front fee and £40m of unachievable addons.

Even the £80m up front bid was to be paid over 5 years with the £16m per year so if we had accepted that we wouldn't have had money to go out and buy other players. If you had put £130m down and paid that up front in one go then you may have had a chance.

I wish you good luck in your Vote of No Confidence

Home of Barca Fans