7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Jombi

No chance he will go to PSG. If we go full force for him he will for sure decide for Barcelona.

Liverpool will reject our bids. We dont have the type of money to splash on this guy.

Get Thomas Lemar for half the price before he's gone as well. But I question if we really have the money even for him. We have a truckload of garbage on our payroll and they are staying. Years and years of terrible transfer policy is coming back to bite us.

JamDav1982

Liverpool will reject our bids. We dont have the type of money to splash on this guy.

Get Thomas Lemar for half the price before he's gone as well. But I question if we really have the money even for him. We have a truckload of garbage on our payroll and they are staying. Years and years of terrible transfer policy is coming back to bite us.

Dont even think there is a fee Liverpool would take for him this summer anyway.

Symbolically would be so bad for him to be allowed to leave. Would just confirm Liverpool as a team with no ambition to get back to top and fans would go ballistic.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Liverpool is not PSG though, if Coutinho wanted out they wouldn't hold him against his will. And regarding money, if they don't have money to bid for Coutinho so how they were planning to pay for Verratti? They were crying that they don't have money last season as well, but somehow they managed spend over 100M or was it more? I don't remember now.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Liverpool is not PSG though, if Coutinho wanted out they wouldn't hold him against his will. And regarding money, if they don't have money to bid for Coutinho so how they were planning to pay for Verratti? They were crying that they don't have money last season as well, but somehow they managed spend over 100M or was it more? I don't remember now.

He doesn't want 'out' though - not before the world cup certainly. If we weren't in the CL....well the qualifiers for it then there would be more substance to the story. But going before a world cup year is a risk he does not want to take.

His form with us got him into the Brazil team and fingers crossed we'll be in the CL proper so he'll be competing in the biggest club competition anyway.

I said right from the start of these rumours that he will go in 2018 after the world cup and he'll go with my blessing because he cannot turn down Barca and he will have cemented his place in the Brazil team as mainstay (he hopes), but this summer he isn't going anywhere.

Jombi

Liverpool is a rich club and only getting richer. And we have a lot of highly paid players on the payroll making it more difficult to splash big this season. We already invested heavily in garbage last season.

Jombi

He doesn't want 'out' though - not before the world cup certainly. If we weren't in the CL....well the qualifiers for it then there would be more substance to the story. But going before a world cup year is a risk he does not want to take.

His form with us got him into the Brazil team and fingers crossed we'll be in the CL proper so he'll be competing in the biggest club competition anyway.

I said right from the start of these rumours that he will go in 2018 after the world cup and he'll go with my blessing because he cannot turn down Barca and he will have cemented his place in the Brazil team as mainstay (he hopes), but this summer he isn't going anywhere.

I think you are too pessimistic and I dont believe Liverpool will continue to sell their stars going forward unless they routinely miss the CL.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Liverpool is a rich club and only getting richer. And we have a lot of highly paid players on the payroll making it more difficult to splash big this season. We already invested heavily in garbage last season.

We were prepared to bid 80M for Verratti and probably increase to 100M or more, I think Barto could find money for Coutinho.

Jombi

We were prepared to bid 80M for Verratti and probably increase to 100M or more, I think Barto could find money for Coutinho.

I doubt that very much. Their much poorer city rivals just sold Lukaku for 112m and we think Liverpool will be selling their star for less? We dont have this type of money, I am pretty convinced of that. We need to offload lots of garbage first without having to pay out their contracts with us and we also need more than a single midfielder this transfer summer.

If we are cash strapped, perhaps its best to try to convince Goretzka to demand to leave so we can get him on the cheap with 12 months remaining.

behindbrowneyes

If this turns out to be true Verratti is the transfer bomb that we'll drop in 2(?!) days.

I always somehow had the feeling that Liverpool was waiting for "something" before they buy Keita. Would be disappointing if Coutinho leaves a club like Liverpool for PSG though.

EdiT: Probably fake. Can't even find the tweet. Don't know French but this dude doesn't seem to be reliable.

Last edited:

Trickykid

If this turns out to be true Verratti is the transfer bomb that we'll drop in 2(?!) days.

I always somehow had the feeling that Liverpool was waiting for "something" before they buy Keita. Would be disappointing if Coutinho leaves a club like Liverpool for PSG though.

I don't see how Coutinho arriving could possibly have any relation to Verratti being sold - vastly different players, playing vastly different positions.
Also, why on earth do you guys put so much stake in this random bomb rumour from a random journo?

Raketa10

I don't see how Coutinho arriving could possibly have any relation to Verratti being sold - vastly different players, playing vastly different positions.
Also, why on earth do you guys put so much stake in this random bomb rumour from a random journo?

We'll see today at 12 o'clock after Verratti press conference is there any hope or not. :D

Home of Barca Fans