7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Albo

I have always imagined Coutinho wanting to come here more than Barca wanting him. Coutinho could be using the press for his advantage too.

Sorin

I think Barca's board is using local press to unsettle the player enough to force a move.

I never understood this "buying club put pressure to unsettle x player" narrative. The fuck is a foreign newspaper/news site gonna do if a player doesn't want to move from his current club?
They can do shit squat if a player doesn't want to move clubs. They are fecking mass media with no decision power for buying and especially selling club. Or for any other player for that matter.

Fact is, if Coutinho wouldn't want to move he would have made it clear through his agent when Barca's board first contacted them.

Unsettle players? Please! They are not 5 year old that can't think for themselves and every other article about them will make them change their minds.

MessiNeymar

I never understood this "buying club put pressure to unsettle x player" narrative. The fuck is a foreign newspaper/news site gonna do if a player doesn't want to move from his current club?
They can do shit squat if a player doesn't want to move clubs. They are fecking mass media with no decision power for buying and especially selling club. Or for any other player for that matter.

Fact is, if Coutinho wouldn't want to move he would have made it clear through his agent when Barca's board first contacted them.

Unsettle players? Please! They are not 5 year old that can't think for themselves and every other article about them will make them change their minds.

Typically in this situation a player will come out and say he is happy and if there is silence than there could be something to it, if he says nothing for a little than there is likely a chance that it's true. Like with Neymar

Hit the nail on the head.

Sorin

Typically in this situation a player will come out and say he is happy and if there is silence than there could be something to it, if he says nothing for a little than there is likely a chance that it's true. Like with Neymar

I know. Did Coutinho say something until now? I honestly don't know. Don't really have time to follow all the rumours.

Anyway that is besides the point. FC Barcelona will not start negotiations with an agent of a player if said player/agent come and categorically refuse them. And if someone thinks that some site is going to change their minds or "unsettle" them, then, they need another excuse because that is garbage.

Birdy

What i understand is that his case is not quite similar to Neymar.
Coutinho is flattered by Barca's interest, but at the same time he is happy at Liverpool for the time being. He is the star of the team.
IMO the chances Klopp and Liverpool will sell him this summer are minimal, 5% maybe even less.
The reason is not only that they can wait for the World Cup next summer and sell him for 150m+, but also that they haven't found his replacement and he is the cornerstone of the team right now..

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed, chances are slim but Bartomeu is desperate and I can see us going overboard for Coutinho as to please Neymar.
90 mil. + usual Barca bs buyouts that will amount to 120 or something along that line.

I'd rather us be smarter and not panic but Bartomeu has fire under him with failed season, vote of no confidence and Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans