7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

hamedsr

If Ronaldinho says Philippe is good enough to join Barcelona as a replacement for legendary midfielder Xavi, Okay, I belive him!

JamDav1982

Absolutely no chance Liverpool sell him after losing Suarez and probably Sterling.

Dont think he would suit this Barca team or even Peps Barca as dont play really with a '10' in team. That is Messi's job from the right.

Those long shots and goals added to his amazing ability to thread through balls to forwards are why I've been raving about Coutuino for two years - he'd be amazing in our midfield .

Then I support your raving and hope some other colegues here will join us in lobbying for this jewel of player... 'cause we just ain't got a player in our team that can do this (pay attention: he got 6, yes I said six-count yourselves-opponent players drown on his side of the pitch in desperate attempt to stop him... that is how usefull good shooter is!):

ShrillScentedBarnowl.gif

Bran the Greenseer

Then I support your raving and hope some other colegues here will join us in lobbying for this jewel of player... 'cause we just ain't got a player in our team that can do this (pay attention: he got 6, yes I said six-count yourselves-opponent players drown on his side of the pitch in desperate attempt to stop him... that is how usefull good shooter is!):

ShrillScentedBarnowl.gif

All of MSN and Iniesta, Rakitic and Alves can shoot well from far, iniesta infact basically only scores long shots nowadays :lol: . They just don't shoot from far cause I guess in their minds thats not the barca way.

All of MSN and Iniesta, Rakitic and Alves can shoot well from far, iniesta infact basically only scores long shots nowadays :lol: . They just don't shoot from far cause I guess in their minds thats not the barca way.

Alves use to have powerfull shot. But he also use to be one of the fastest players in the world - that was 2008-2013. Last two seasons he is so much slower and poorer shooter then he was...

Iniesta can't shoot from more then 20m even if his life depended on it (even from the edge of the box he swings with all his strength-ant the ball travels pretty slowly), Messi can but it's usualy not dangerous shot (he's just too small and only 60kg), Rakitić can shoot but he needs space to get into position and use all his body,...

This guy shoot from his knee with more power then any our player with all his body-just look carefully how he shoots from his knee and pay attention to speed of the ball and, of course-distance:

wEuucV8.gif

EdmondDantes

The thing that impresses me about him is his ability to go past players, he was only behind Hazard and Sanchez in the Premier League last season. Of course his passing and first touch are phenomenal as well. And so is his pressing and tackling. He has truly come a long way, always performs, especially in big games.

I used to watch a lot of youth tournaments and he and Neymar caught my eye aged ~15 or so, and I have been following him since. Great to watch is he Coutinho.

Co0ter

Iniesta doesn't have a good long range shot...his short range shot isn't anything to brag about either. His knack for scoring clutch goals is off the charts though hehe

Bran the Greenseer

Iniesta doesn't have a good long range shot...his short range shot isn't anything to brag about either. His knack for scoring clutch goals is off the charts though hehe

Maybe not exceedingly long range but he as of late he hasnt been scoring any goals but when he does its from outside the box.

Edit: Eh he may be a better long range shooter than most of our players excluding Suarez/Neymar/Messi (I still don't think he's better than messi he may be able to hit it harder but Messi can still knock it in from far)

Last edited:

Galning

When Liverpool fans tell you he would walk into Barça's starting 11 and their argument is "even Rakitic is a starter".

Darko

I love the "long shot argument". You know what happens 9 times out of 10 when you try a long shot with 10 players between you and the goal?
A deflection. And then the counter is on with us having 2 players at the back and 3, 4, 5 players of the opposite team charging forward to counter.
There's a reason why we tiki-taka, to create clear cut chances so that we can't be countered, even if we lose the ball it's mostly in the opponent's box so they have to clear to our CBs or on the wing where it goes out for a throw in.

Home of Barca Fans