7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Birdy

It makes no sense for us to not sign him now.

He wouldn't be any cheaper in the summer. So if we can have him now why would we wait?

It makes for Liverpool, though.
Liverpool will never let him leave now. They might sell him now for the summer(like with Keita in the inverse case), but they need him badly to retain their hopes for CL spots.
If you watch any liverpool game that he doesn't play, you will see how vital he is for them. Salah and Coutinho are carrying liverpool forward.

It will be smart for us to agree now on a move for the summer, as we will avoid a possible bidding war during or after the WC that will skyrocket his price!

BigBarcaBoy

It makes for Liverpool, though.
Liverpool will never let him leave now. They might sell him now for the summer(like with Keita in the inverse case), but they need him badly to retain their hopes for CL spots.
If you watch any liverpool game that he doesn't play, you will see how vital he is for them. Salah and Coutinho are carrying liverpool forward.

It will be smart for us to agree now on a move for the summer, as we will avoid a possible bidding war during or after the WC that will skyrocket his price!
He is our best player but the record without him is actually pretty good

xXKonan

It almost took 6 months but if it all works out we finally got the two players we wanted in the Summer. Well we got one Dembele but Coutinho was the other one but obviously it didn't happen but it seems like there's a good chance it will this winter.

This season in general by us everything seems to finally be working out for us despite the rough Supercup,Dembele injury and Neymar saga drama in the summer.

aaron101

I really don't understand Liverpool. Last summer, they were dying to hold on to Coutinho. Now, suddenly they are willing to let go of him in the middle of their season where they are in the round of 16 of UCL.

JohnS

I really don't understand Liverpool. Last summer, they were dying to hold on to Coutinho. Now, suddenly they are willing to let go of him in the middle of their season where they are in the round of 16 of UCL.

The press are saying that not Liverpool.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Honestly, this makes no sense for all parties involved outside of Phil for being afraid we lose interest.

Should have just gotten this done in the summer. He wouldn’t be cup tied and Liverpool would have probably challenged City more bc they would have had van Dijk from the jump.

Just stupidity all around this one. At least wait till the summer. Tbh, I’d rather have Thiago and Arthur.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
It is very likely they spoke with Coutinho after the last window closed and promised him they would let him go to Barca if they came for him again.

The main reason they decided not to sell him to us last summer was just for PR. If they are not willing to spend like City/PSG, assemble a lot of talented players together in a short period of time, they will continue to lose their best players and be seen as a selling club. It is that simple.

xXKonan

The odds of Thiago ever coming back are little. He's happy at Bayern and he's signed a new deal and I doubt he's eager to come back. At least with Coutinho he really wants to come here even if his price tag might be to expensive.

Home of Barca Fans