7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Ursegor

World Champion
"To what extent can you blame Phil? He acted like an idiot in the summer, despite playing well since then, and that is difficult to accept. However, he's been here a while and won nothing. The better players, like Phil, have often had to make up for the weaker ones and naturally that is frustrating for a player. The club is to blame for that, largely. Ultimately, he has been excellent this year and probably deserves to be at a massive club where he's going to be winning trophies every year and playing with other amazing players. On the plus side, he might be the last player to leave the club with the promises of Rodgers in his ear, the last Pre-Klopp player who maybe never really bought into the project and always saw us as a stepping stone. You can't keep players like that"

Good post by a Liverpool fan on the guardian, especially that bit about pre klopp player, who say liverpool as that step before the "real" big clubs.

From now on I don't think we will be seeing players leave Liverpool so easily, because I think most who go there now will be buying into the klopp plan for the club, whether his plans will work or not is a different question.

Sorry to burst that Liverpool fan's bubble but no one really cares about Klopp's plans. Under Klopp Dortmund lost their entire team. Sahin, Götze, Lewa, Hummels, Kagawa. Might have forgotten someone. And that was when they were truly elite, matching Heynckes' Bayern, winning the league, kicking Real Madrid out of the CL.

The moment Madrid or Barca show genuine interest, they lose every player.

Horatio

You're welcome
We havent even played half the matches yet in la liga and we only have 6 points lead as of this moment.
Origami are you trolling or just st*pid?

We are two games away from having played half of the season, but nice attempt at framing it negatively. I am here to provide counterweight to the negativity.

Last edited:

Tmoj

It's been obvious for a number of years that Coutinho was going to end up at Barcelona. I can't believe you didn't buy him two years ago as his transfer fee has been blowing up every year. The Neymar deal has distorted transfer fees but he was always getting more expensive.

serghei

Redcafe football knowledge is low. They represent the obese McDonald's fast food consumer trying to rate a 3 star Michelin menu. One of their admins just opened a thread how City is close to Pep's Barca, a great portion of their fanbase thinks Mourinho is the best manager in the world and Pep has cheated with unlimited budgets (while little ManU could only spend close to 1 billion Euros since Ferguson retired, 75 million pounds for white Heskey alone) and somewhere there is even a Rashford vs. Mbappe thread, I'm sure. Oh, yeah, and De Gea is one of the 5 best players in the world. :lol:

You forgot probably the best one, how they wouldn't trade Martial for Messi two years ago. That was gold. :rofl1:

TrueCule

We haven't won the league yet. Please notice that we are facing Real Madrid in the 35th round. If we by that time are 9 points clear of number 2, Real Madrid will have to do the guard of honor at the Camp Nou. This is worth fighting for. With this goal in mind we are only 0 points clear of number 2 if we win today. And that is not a comfortable lead by now, if we want Real to do the guard of honor which many of us would love.

The league is not won. It's at this minute a 6 points lead with a much much improved Atletico. We're having tough matches ahead. Even the game with Betis will be hard, not to mention to yearly away trip to Anoeta. If we win the next games and beat Atletico on Camp Nou it will be pretty much done though.

If we lose that much of a lead this year and lose the league title, then I stop watching football for at least a year. This would be too much for me to handle seriously. You're talking about the biggest surprise in the history of la liga. No team have ever lost the title after having such an advantage. I can't see this happening, especially after what we've done so far. We have the best defence in the Europe, we conceded very few goals, we're in great momentum after the Clasico victory and overall this team is performing well.

Messi983

Detective DonAK at it.

Brazilian Passport is Dark Blue.

Coutinho is seemingly holding onto two red passports in his right hand here. :thinking:

HOWEVER, he also got something in his left hand that's darkish....under his mobile phone :thinking:

So will he count as a Non-EU player or not :thinking:

DS4s5W7X0AALqDk.jpg:large

Interesting. Maybe someone should send a tweet to Fernando Polo, Gerard Romero and other Catalan journalists to ask Coutinho that question tomorrow. I would do it but don't have a twitter account.

aaron101

What’s so funny? We’re talking about rotations.

Barca are already practicing with the 4-3-3 False 9 system since Dembélé has returned.

What's funny is you mentioned Messi and Suarez would rotate as CF. You do realize that Messi doesn't get rotated right?

Centauri B

Redcafe football knowledge is low. They represent the obese McDonald's fast food consumer trying to rate a 3 star Michelin menu. One of their admins just opened a thread how City is close to Pep's Barca, a great portion of their fanbase thinks Mourinho is the best manager in the world and Pep has cheated with unlimited budgets (while little ManU could only spend close to 1 billion Euros since Ferguson retired, 75 million pounds for white Heskey alone) and somewhere there is even a Rashford vs. Mbappe thread, I'm sure. Oh, yeah, and De Gea is one of the 5 best players in the world. :lol:

United fans, just like the fans of several other major clubs, have been aching for us to decline ever since the 2009 epic.

Whenever their dreams are shattered, they lash out in a crescendo of stupidity, such as in "Coutinho is no big deal" etc etc...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans