8 - Pedri

Bobo32

Good tournament in the end. And in the end, Thiago shows why LE never trusted him.

High risk pass after high risk pass, even if their wasn't an angle. But perhaps that is because he didn't have enough minutes to settle into games.

Yes that was probably why that was. He tried to score a Ronaldinho free kick with his first touch I think, shows his mentality...
Then he tried the decisive pass each time, and even if I'd prefer Busquets continuing with his great passes to the second space, this was the right way for Thiago to play in that moment of the game. But he was off with a meter in some passes, and off with a ms in other passes.
He showed to me again that he is great and he's the first one I'd try to bring if anyone can be brought this summer.

Pedri has played very well in this tournament, but I see some things I dislike in his movements and decisions still. I like the idea of him, Puig and Alba on the left side of the pitch, and if Puig is not played, I think Olmo showed that he could be good in that same position for Barcelona. Of course there is Fati, too.

vegitot

Yes that was probably why that was. He tried to score a Ronaldinho free kick with his first touch I think, shows his mentality...
Then he tried the decisive pass each time, and even if I'd prefer Busquets continuing with his great passes to the second space, this was the right way for Thiago to play in that moment of the game. But he was off with a meter in some passes, and off with a ms in other passes.
He showed to me again that he is great and he's the first one I'd try to bring if anyone can be brought this summer.

Pedri has played very well in this tournament, but I see some things I dislike in his movements and decisions still. I like the idea of him, Puig and Alba on the left side of the pitch, and if Puig is not played, I think Olmo showed that he could be good in that same position for Barcelona. Of course there is Fati, too.

Puig will play for second division team.

JamDav1982

Brilliant few weeks.

Didnt deserve to be on losing side.

Get the right compliment for him and FDJ and they can be best midfield in world for next 6/7 years.

Porque

I still think the midfield for the tournament should have been Thiago-Buaquets-Pedri. Well, Koke improved as Busquets returned to the 11, but it is a shame Thiago never got a shot internationally while in his prime.

Small margins, but I think LE should of maintained the Adama sub. Would of helped against the Italy 11 behind the ball for extra time- even if the chance to score would probably be minimally changed.

xXKonan

When you have seen Thiago this season it is understandable why Lucho made the decisions he has. He just looked poor all around, Lucho trusts him enough to be in the squad at least but not as a starter though.

Koke I thought slid right in nicely with Pedri and Busi. Brought in the steel and tactical discipline while being good with the ball when needed. With Thiago, it just looked like he messed up the balance. The likes of Rodri, Ruiz aren't really great either.

Bobo32

I still think the midfield for the tournament should have been Thiago-Buaquets-Pedri. Well, Koke improved as Busquets returned to the 11, but it is a shame Thiago never got a shot internationally while in his prime.

Small margins, but I think LE should of maintained the Adama sub. Would of helped against the Italy 11 behind the ball for extra time- even if the chance to score would probably be minimally changed.

Yeah I agree, although I can see the point of playing Koke.
As for Adama, I don't like his type, but I can see the point of playing him too - although I think Spains opponents defended a bit too deep, and that Spains control was a bit too fragile to make use of Adama most games here.

But I think both Thiago and Adama would be preferrable to some other players coming off the bench in front of them, I think there were a few players that didn't bring anything.

JamDav1982

Thiago was by far the worst sub for either team.

Looked like he came on to try and show how good he was rather than just playing as part of team.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yeah I agree, although I can see the point of playing Koke.
As for Adama, I don't like his type, but I can see the point of playing him too - although I think Spains opponents defended a bit too deep, and that Spains control was a bit too fragile to make use of Adama most games here.

But I think both Thiago and Adama would be preferrable to some other players coming off the bench in front of them, I think there were a few players that didn't bring anything.

Thiago was horrendous all tournament. Koke adds work rate, good positioning and defensive grit while also having above average ball control and passing.

HanDW

Thiago was mediocre all the season at Liverpool and everytime he got minutes in the tournament he proved Luis Enrique right by doing NOTHING of impact. The only good thing the did was scoring the pen today.

Zidane82

Thiago was mediocre all the season at Liverpool and everytime he got minutes in the tournament he proved Luis Enrique right by doing NOTHING of impact. The only good thing the did was scoring the pen today.

I just said almost the same thing in his thread
!!

Home of Barca Fans