8 - Pedri

behindbrowneyes

Thiago was mediocre all the season at Liverpool and everytime he got minutes in the tournament he proved Luis Enrique right by doing NOTHING of impact. The only good thing the did was scoring the pen today.

True. Grass ain't greener on the other side.
It would take Thiago to come back for some in here to realise that Thiago is nowhere near the player he was at Bayern in a very strong collective he heavily benefitted from.

Porque

One final point which I don't think any one pointed out yet.

I'm the 119 minute or so, Pedri picked up the ball on the edge of the box.

He had space to dribble into the box, time to set up and shoot. It was an Iniesta vs Chelsea 2009 moment.

Obviously as Barca fans we knew he wouldn't pull the trigger. He instead passed to Olmo which was sloppy and didn't reach him.

But with a bit more maturity, and confidence, he really needs to take these opportunities to score when he is in the best position to shoot and not seek out teammates.

Bobo32

One final point which I don't think any one pointed out yet.

I'm the 119 minute or so, Pedri picked up the ball on the edge of the box.

He had space to dribble into the box, time to set up and shoot. It was an Iniesta vs Chelsea 2009 moment.

Obviously as Barca fans we knew he wouldn't pull the trigger. He instead passed to Olmo which was sloppy and didn't reach him.

But with a bit more maturity, and confidence, he really needs to take these opportunities to score when he is in the best position to shoot and not seek out teammates.

He should take more shots yes - him, Koke and Busquets might be the midfield with least scoring threat ever set up...
But I prefer that he doesn't shoot to him taking bad shots. Iniesta at 18 used to just deliver aimless bad shots after his dribbles, to get rid of the ball it looked like...

Messi983

E5pPzB8XIAU4FfF

:(

Zidane82

True. Grass ain't greener on the other side.
It would take Thiago to come back for some in here to realise that Thiago is nowhere near the player he was at Bayern in a very strong collective he heavily benefitted from.

Thiago started the season really well but then got heavily whacked and injured . Immediately after that he was ill with Covid19.

When he did return the whole damn team were struggling and only a couple of players had good seasons .
Despite the indifferent form of the team - Thiago finished the season really well ..

I?d have him here in a heartbeat ..

Joan

A sports journalist in Croatia just wrote an article titled "The king is dead, long live the king" implying Pedri took over Iniesta. My oh my, the hype's immense, they're taking it too far.

The king is dead, long live the kid would sound better :thinking:

Zidane82

A sports journalist in Croatia just wrote an article titled "The king is dead, long live the king" implying Pedri took over Iniesta. My oh my, the hype's immense, they're taking it too far.

We are truly blessed to have two of the worlds best two young players

FDJ and Pedri

kattanib

Waaaaay too far

Home of Barca Fans