8 - Pedri

mc_lovin

How long is Gavi inujured? Koeman clearly rated him above Puig. I really don't want to see Roberto in midfield.

I would give him 4, we aren't in the hunt for the league anyway, just make sure he's rested.

Can we stop with this defeatist nonsense?

BusiTheKing

How long is Gavi inujured? Koeman clearly rated him above Puig. I really don't want to see Roberto in midfield.

seriously doubt Koeman will consider Gavi for the first team. I understand the hype and was part of cultivating it but watching the Salzburg game it was clear how much of the basics of how to play professional football he lacks, stuff that someone like Sergi Roberto (whom I'm absolutely no fan of) just performs on default

jamrock

No defeatism here, we won't win the league so no need to push him , we will finish top 3/4 that's it.

Windhook

He needs a rest, but unfortunately the Euro & Olympics came in the worst period of Barca history. Nonetheless he had a fantastic debut season. 12 months ago he was nobody and now he is Spain's playmaker. I'm optimistic he could carry Barca into the future.

fergus90

I'm not sure it's defeatist, more realistic given the circumstances. There is still a lot of deadwood at the club and we've got a 30 goal a season void to fill.

But this could be a perfect time to transition the youngsters and get them used to first-team football ready for a new era in the coming seasons.

mc_lovin

People always complain about the shit mentality of our veterans, but throw in the towel at the first sign of adversary. Heck, we are still one of the favorites to win La Liga... just with worse odds.

FC433

Cutting his holiday short and returning this upcoming Thursday, apparently. Make me happy and give him number 8 and 6 to FDJ.

Porque

I don't think we need to rush him and he should get his rest.

Bob is usually good in midfield for the first 5 games of the season until he gets a minor injury, returns to his normal level and shifts to rightback.

Pedri has until the after the international break to rest basically.

Andresito

Staff member
He should get rest at least until the NT break. Or Spain shouldn't call him up during the NT break. They've overworked him enough this summer.

I can sense that there will be lots of what ifs if he doesn't rest and is poor throughout the season.

Bobo32

Was this on Tebas table as well with the spanish clubs having to let their players go to the olympics?

Home of Barca Fans