8 - Pedri

Messi983

I've read reports Barca wants to convince Spanish federation to give him a rest during international break in early September (Spain is starting WC qualifiers against Sweden, Georgia and Kosovo and with all due respect to them there is something seriously wrong with Spanish football if they can't beat them without an 18 year old kid).

Don't have much faith in Rubiales but maybe Lucho will use a common sense and won't call him up as in the end he's the one deciding. I could see Laporta/Koeman talking with him and wouldn't surprise me if they already have some kind of agreement Pedri won't be called up for NT.

But if he'll be and will start a new season with just 3-4 days of rest after playing 73 games last season then they're all just idiots.

Messi983

Mavericky looks so happy to see his idol again. :lol:

E8g-VExXMAc9DJo

E8g7sAcXoAAOHqg

xXKonan

Pedri is doing well physically in the pre-season. He's one of those players who the more he plays, the better. In fact, the midfielder recorded his best physical data of all of Spain's Olympic Games matches against Brazil, the final game. [cat radio]

kattanib

Where are the he looks like he aged bandwagoners? Selecting one picture mid game and like parrots repeating the same sentence

FinBarcelonafan

Also, don't see how someone ages that rapid from regular sporting. If anything should be stress reliever.

Too much stress will cause you to age quicker. If you don't get enough recovery mentally/physically, you will burn out or fade away slowly. Human is no machine and even machine needs its oil or battery.

He might look good ten first games, but it will start to show the last ten games, like last season. He needs a break.

Messi983

Koeman will need to manage his minutes better this season. He'll need to be subbed off around 60-70th minute more often. A bit of a problem with that is he's usually a "slow starter" and becomes better as the game goes on so it's hard to sub him when he's playing his best minutes in certain game. But think we'll have to do it from the start of this season if we want to prevent injuries and have him available for a full season. Could also be brought off the bench sometimes although we don't have much evidence how he'd in that role and well, we don't really have anyone who could be a starter in his place. Maybe Demir has done enough to convince Koeman and could be occasional starter in easier home games. Don't see Puig ever starting (except for early Copa games) and I'd prefer not to see Roberto starting. But if he has to better in midfield than as a RB. And I'd also like to avoid both Busi and Roberto starting if we'll have other options. We probably won't for Sunday so we'll see how they'll do together.

Home of Barca Fans