8 - Pedri

Yannik

his dedication is exemplary, but the dude is burning himself out. Ban him from training for 3 weeks, or bench him a while, you dont want him to retire with 24.

Bobo32

It's above Tebas. Every athlete resident in Spain is obligated to compete when called up.

Ok!

Yeah it very much seems like Pedri needs some rest. They obviously keep track of the players in multiple ways, and believe that they can use him as they do. It has worked out so far, but if he is injured people will be very quick to point to the way he has been used...
I don't know how much Barcelona follow this, but from what I understand a lot of injuries are explained by accumulation of stress, especially in these teenage years, that can show up years later...
I don't have insight to the way they train and recover etc, but my point is that it doesn't have to be an immediate effect but can show up much later, I wonder if that is something that is taken into consideration with Pedri...
[MENTION=711]FCBarca[/MENTION] seems to have some medical knowledge, maybe he can add his view on this?

iniestaGOAT

his dedication is exemplary, but the dude is burning himself out. Ban him from training for 3 weeks, or bench him a while, you dont want him to retire with 24.

Lol relax. It was one year. probably plays less than 40 games from this year for the club. We get knocked out early from most competitions. So it's league and few international games

Raketa10

We are idiots! This kid needs rest or he will end up with some serious injury! Give him at least 2 weeks FFS!!!!

Bobo32

Haha I won't call them idiots, maybe they know what they're doing medically/physically (footballing wise, I think both him and the team would clearly benefit from a bit less playing time)

It's becoming a bit surreal though how he went on to start game after game after game and then tournament after tournament, with ET and so on...When will it stop!? When he got what looked like a similar tear that now keeps Mingueza out, and was said to be ruled out for a couple of weeks, Koeman just said he is a phenomenon and started him already the next game...

Home of Barca Fans