8 - Pedri

SmilerBam

People say he plays too much... he is 18 ffs. When he will play then? At 35? Let him play. The more, the better, so he can gain experience.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lucho still running Barca players into the ground

Running into the ground is too hard but i agree in 15/16 we would have won more with more rest. In 14/15 we played also in most of the matches the same line up but we knew how to defend a lead and could so relax after 60min. Nowadays we cant do it so we need to attack 90min :p

impeh

Hi, its me..
Koeman: "Pedri? We have decided that he will play tomorrow, but from then on he will have two weeks of vacation. I have spoken with Luis Enrique, we give Pedri two weeks because he needs it. He needs a break of at least two weeks."

Koeman: "Pedri will not play against Getafe because he will be on his two-week vacation."

finally getting some rest

behindbrowneyes

[tw]1428666654548893697[/tw]

Well played by Koeman tbh. Playing him in the first two games and giving him vacation the game before NT break, kinda pressuring Luis Enrique to follow that route. :boss:

Giving him rest after Olympia would have resulted in him missing the first few La Liga games and travelling to the national team right after his vacay.

Bobo32

I believe it when I see it :)

It's a pretty wonderful player. He needs to differentiate his movements (fast/slow) a bit more, and differentiate his decisions (safe/daring) a bit less. I think his vision is a bit lacking stilll, but I'm expecting it to get a bit better. His famous bad finishing isn't as bad as reported, he also tried shooting a bit more lately.

Xaviniesta

thats-bait-mad-max.gif

BBZ8800

I think he will get subbed and benched more often in this Barca without Messi who needs more attacking threat from midfield.

vegitot

I think he will get subbed and benched more often in this Barca without Messi who needs more attacking threat from midfield.

Depend. Koeman still plays him at the same role last season rather than an offensive midfielder. Not sure if he will change this or stick to it.

Btw despite both him and De Jong possess top quality, they are not really a good pair to me.

BBZ8800

Where do you guys see Pedri in the future in 433 formation in a faster, more direct, more chaotic post-Messi Barca?

1. he is not a CAM, his shooting instincts are horrible.
Someone might reply: but Iniesta didn't shot either.
Well, it's 2021, football has evolved and we don't have Messi now. CAM or the most attacking CM in 433 should be way more lethal than Pedri.

2. CM position? I think that he moves not enough for a classical Xavi's position.
Also, imo, he plays one-touch-passes too often which is putting the weight of being a controller to "someone else" around him.
Plus, Frenkie plays as a CM.

3. a pivot? No way.

Even Frenkie plays better with a different type of a CM partner.

mc_lovin

Are you implying (prime) Iniesta would have a hard time in 2021? :lol:

I personally thought Pedri was fine yesterday, played at least two very nice passes (that I can remember) and was (mostly) precise otherwise. Not as good as his game vs Sociedad, but decent enough. Perfect fit in a 433. Attack is still the biggest problem for me and first thing that needs to be fixed.

Home of Barca Fans